Fox has picked up more scripts for 2 animated comedy series: veteran American Dad! and midseason entry Bob’s Burgers. The orders are for 8 American Dad! scripts and 6 Bob’s Burger’s scripts. All episodes from Bob’s Burger‘s original 13-episode order have been read and recorded and are now in various stages of animated production. The script order will keep the show in continuous production and allow for it to return in the fall if renewed by Fox as opposed to midseason if it doesn’t have scripts ready because of the long lead production time for animated series. As for American Dad!, the extra scripts are in lieu of a full-blown seventh season renewal, which is still expected. But with Bob’s Burgers coming out in January and Fox recently ordering 2 new animated series, Napoleon Dynamite and Allen Gregory, Fox seems to be keeping its options open. Ordering extra scripts allows the networks to keep the shows in continuous production but it is a much cheaper option than a straight episodic order in case the networks decide to back out.
Fox Orders More Scripts For Animated Comedies 'American Dad' & 'Bob's Burgers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- John Cena, Millie Bobby Brown Salute ‘March For Our Lives’ At Kids’ Choice Awards
- FX Pulls the Plug On Marvel's Deadpool Animated TV Series From Donald Glover
- ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Showrunners & Cast On Season 4: “A Journey From Isolation To Community”…
- ‘Chicago Fire’ Family Mourns Death Of DuShon Monique Brown – Reactions
- ‘Lost In Space’: Netflix Debuts Remake At Wondercon With Leading Women And Intergalactic Family Dysfunction
- UCLA Entertainment Symposium Tackles Paramount Issues With COO