Fox has picked up more scripts for 2 animated comedy series: veteran American Dad! and midseason entry Bob’s Burgers. The orders are for 8 American Dad! scripts and 6 Bob’s Burger’s scripts. All episodes from Bob’s Burger‘s original 13-episode order have been read and recorded and are now in various stages of animated production. The script order will keep the show in continuous production and allow for it to return in the fall if renewed by Fox as opposed to midseason if it doesn’t have scripts ready because of the long lead production time for animated series. As for American Dad!, the extra scripts are in lieu of a full-blown seventh season renewal, which is still expected. But with Bob’s Burgers coming out in January and Fox recently ordering 2 new animated series, Napoleon Dynamite and Allen Gregory, Fox seems to be keeping its options open. Ordering extra scripts allows the networks to keep the shows in continuous production but it is a much cheaper option than a straight episodic order in case the networks decide to back out.
Fox Orders More Scripts For Animated Comedies 'American Dad' & 'Bob's Burgers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sylvester Stallone & Antoine Fuqua Plot TV Series 'Omerta,' 'The Godfather' Author Mario Puzo's Last Novel
Latest TV News
- Lifetime Hires Sharon Bordas As VP Scripted Series Development
- Kelly Ripa’s New Contract Strategy: Screaming Hairy Armadillo
- Mark Burnett Taps Barry Poznick As Head Of Unscripted For MGM TV Group
- Stephen Root Cast In Bill Hader's HBO Comedy Pilot ‘Barry’
- Tanya Hart & Robert Papazian Elected Co-Chairs Of The Caucus
- Why Did Comcast Buy DreamWorks Animation? Because It Can