Fox has picked up more scripts for 2 animated comedy series: veteran American Dad! and midseason entry Bob’s Burgers. The orders are for 8 American Dad! scripts and 6 Bob’s Burger’s scripts. All episodes from Bob’s Burger‘s original 13-episode order have been read and recorded and are now in various stages of animated production. The script order will keep the show in continuous production and allow for it to return in the fall if renewed by Fox as opposed to midseason if it doesn’t have scripts ready because of the long lead production time for animated series. As for American Dad!, the extra scripts are in lieu of a full-blown seventh season renewal, which is still expected. But with Bob’s Burgers coming out in January and Fox recently ordering 2 new animated series, Napoleon Dynamite and Allen Gregory, Fox seems to be keeping its options open. Ordering extra scripts allows the networks to keep the shows in continuous production but it is a much cheaper option than a straight episodic order in case the networks decide to back out.
Fox Orders More Scripts For Animated Comedies 'American Dad' & 'Bob's Burgers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Latest TV News
- Obama Derides Donald Trump In ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ Visit
- Media-Loathing Donald Trump Launches Alt Nightly Campaign Coverage
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek