Fox has picked up more scripts for 2 animated comedy series: veteran American Dad! and midseason entry Bob’s Burgers. The orders are for 8 American Dad! scripts and 6 Bob’s Burger’s scripts. All episodes from Bob’s Burger‘s original 13-episode order have been read and recorded and are now in various stages of animated production. The script order will keep the show in continuous production and allow for it to return in the fall if renewed by Fox as opposed to midseason if it doesn’t have scripts ready because of the long lead production time for animated series. As for American Dad!, the extra scripts are in lieu of a full-blown seventh season renewal, which is still expected. But with Bob’s Burgers coming out in January and Fox recently ordering 2 new animated series, Napoleon Dynamite and Allen Gregory, Fox seems to be keeping its options open. Ordering extra scripts allows the networks to keep the shows in continuous production but it is a much cheaper option than a straight episodic order in case the networks decide to back out.
Fox Orders More Scripts For Animated Comedies 'American Dad' & 'Bob's Burgers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- John Gay Dies: ‘Run Silent Run Deep’ Screenwriter Was 92
- Matthew Broderick Cast In FX’s ‘Katrina: American Crime Story’
- ‘Mayans MC’: JD Pardo Cast As The Lead In FX's 'Sons Of Anarchy' Spinoff Pilot
- Steve Bannon: Donald Trump’s War With Press Is “Going To Get Worse Every Day”
- Lauren Graham To Topline ‘Linda From HR’ Pilot, Recur On ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’
- Scarlett Johansson To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ For Fifth Time