EXCLUSIVE: Eric McCormack is eyeing a return to TNT as the star of the network’s pilot Perception. The Will & Grace alum is in negotiation to play the lead in the project, Dr. Geoffrey Pierce, an eccentric, frequently erratic and absolutely brilliant neuroscientist who helps the FBI solve complex cases. Kenneth Biller and Mike Sussman co-wrote the pilot, which is produced by ABC Studios. At TNT, McCormack previously toplined ad agency drama Trust Me. He recently played the title character in the Lifetime movie Who Is Clark Rockefeller?, recurred on the CBS comedy The New Adventures of Old Christine and starred in the Artsclub Theatre production of Glengarry Glen Ross in Vancouver. Perception is one of 4 pilots recently greenlighted by TNT – along with Hollywood & Vine, Dallas, and an untitled project from Allan Loeb – and the first one to cast its lead.
Eric McCormack To Star In TNT Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- ‘Z: The Beginning Of Everything’ Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon
- Sean Hannity Could Leave Fox News If Murdochs Don’t Back Besieged Co-Prez Bill Shine
- ‘Dear White People’ Review: TV Series Based Movie Is Funny & Moving
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Chris Soules’ Lawyers Insist He Didn’t Leave Scene Of Fatal Accident
- BET Greenlights New Series From Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes & More – Upfronts
- Warner Bros. TV Ups Peter Girardi To Dual EVP Roles