EXCLUSIVE: Eric McCormack is eyeing a return to TNT as the star of the network’s pilot Perception. The Will & Grace alum is in negotiation to play the lead in the project, Dr. Geoffrey Pierce, an eccentric, frequently erratic and absolutely brilliant neuroscientist who helps the FBI solve complex cases. Kenneth Biller and Mike Sussman co-wrote the pilot, which is produced by ABC Studios. At TNT, McCormack previously toplined ad agency drama Trust Me. He recently played the title character in the Lifetime movie Who Is Clark Rockefeller?, recurred on the CBS comedy The New Adventures of Old Christine and starred in the Artsclub Theatre production of Glengarry Glen Ross in Vancouver. Perception is one of 4 pilots recently greenlighted by TNT – along with Hollywood & Vine, Dallas, and an untitled project from Allan Loeb – and the first one to cast its lead.
Eric McCormack To Star In TNT Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres