EXCLUSIVE: Eric McCormack is eyeing a return to TNT as the star of the network’s pilot Perception. The Will & Grace alum is in negotiation to play the lead in the project, Dr. Geoffrey Pierce, an eccentric, frequently erratic and absolutely brilliant neuroscientist who helps the FBI solve complex cases. Kenneth Biller and Mike Sussman co-wrote the pilot, which is produced by ABC Studios. At TNT, McCormack previously toplined ad agency drama Trust Me. He recently played the title character in the Lifetime movie Who Is Clark Rockefeller?, recurred on the CBS comedy The New Adventures of Old Christine and starred in the Artsclub Theatre production of Glengarry Glen Ross in Vancouver. Perception is one of 4 pilots recently greenlighted by TNT – along with Hollywood & Vine, Dallas, and an untitled project from Allan Loeb – and the first one to cast its lead.
Eric McCormack To Star In TNT Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars TV Review: Stellar Show Spoiled By Best Picture Fiasco
- Kimmel Tweets To Donald Trump During Oscars
- Jimmy Kimmel Taunts Donald Trump In Political Oscars Opening Monologue – Watch
- Last Week Not In Sweden: Bill O’Reilly To Address Nils Bildt Mystery; Twitter Doesn’t Wait