EXCLUSIVE: Eric McCormack is eyeing a return to TNT as the star of the network’s pilot Perception. The Will & Grace alum is in negotiation to play the lead in the project, Dr. Geoffrey Pierce, an eccentric, frequently erratic and absolutely brilliant neuroscientist who helps the FBI solve complex cases. Kenneth Biller and Mike Sussman co-wrote the pilot, which is produced by ABC Studios. At TNT, McCormack previously toplined ad agency drama Trust Me. He recently played the title character in the Lifetime movie Who Is Clark Rockefeller?, recurred on the CBS comedy The New Adventures of Old Christine and starred in the Artsclub Theatre production of Glengarry Glen Ross in Vancouver. Perception is one of 4 pilots recently greenlighted by TNT – along with Hollywood & Vine, Dallas, and an untitled project from Allan Loeb – and the first one to cast its lead.
Eric McCormack To Star In TNT Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate