EXCLUSIVE: They’re about to work together in Lynn Shelton’s new semi-improvised and as-yet-untitled project. Production starts later this month in Seattle. Steven Schardt, co-producer on Shelton’s bromantic comedy Humpday, will produce. The whole movie’s only taking a couple of weeks to shoot, which is how Rachel Weisz can squeeze it in after spending one week on Terrence Malick’s untitled new film, and before Terence Davies starts shooting The Deep Blue Sea in November. Blimey, Weisz must be the busiest actress working in Britain. She’s repped by Independent in London and CAA in the US. Not that Blunt’s any slouch. She recently signed to headline Rian Johnson’s Looper, opposite Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Bruce Willis. In March 2011 she’ll star opposite Matt Damon in sci-fi mystery The Adjustment Bureau opposite Matt Damon. Blunt is repped by CAA in the U.S. and Ken McReddie Associates in London. Shelton, meanwhile, recently directed an episode of Mad Men, and has signed on with Focus Features to direct Then We Came To The End, an adaptation of the Joshua Ferris novel to be produced by Ted Hope and Anne Carey’s This Is That. It’s the story of copy writers at a Chicago ad agency when the dot com bubble bursts in 2001. Shelton is repped by UTA and Industry Entertainment.
Emily Blunt & Rachel Weisz To Play Sisters
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Latest TV News
- Univision Pulls Ads; Owner Of Orlando Pulse Club, Mothers, Victims, GLADD Press The Network To Stop “Blood Bath”
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'
- ‘MacGyver’ Rebounds In Demo Ratings, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Top Night
- ‘Doctor Who’ Trailer Teases Return Of “Most Dangerous Man In The Universe”
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Slams ‘Bait’-Taking Liberals & Huggy, Panda-Loving TV Journalists