My Name Is Earl star Jason Lee is reuniting with the show’s creator Greg Garcia on an upcoming episode of Garcia’s new series, Fox’s freshman comedy Raising Hope. Lee will guest star as Smokey Daniels, a washed-up rock star who is hired as the lead act at “Grocery-Palooza,” a rock concert at the supermarket where Sabrina (Shannon Woodward) works. Smokey was once Burt’s (Garret Dillahunt) musical idol, and Burt hopes to relive his rock-star years by playing backup for him at the concert. Lee now stars on TNT’s Memphis Beat, which was renewed for a second season. Raising Hope was recently picked up for a full season.
'Earl' Star Jason Lee To Appear On 'Hope'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ‘The Expendables’ Event Series In Works At Fox With Sylvester Stallone Producing
- ‘Empire’ Extends Record Ratings Growth Streak To 8 Weeks, ‘CSI: Cyber’ Starts OK
- Aly Michalka & Maulik Pancholy Join ABC’s Chevy Chase Pilot
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’