My Name Is Earl star Jason Lee is reuniting with the show’s creator Greg Garcia on an upcoming episode of Garcia’s new series, Fox’s freshman comedy Raising Hope. Lee will guest star as Smokey Daniels, a washed-up rock star who is hired as the lead act at “Grocery-Palooza,” a rock concert at the supermarket where Sabrina (Shannon Woodward) works. Smokey was once Burt’s (Garret Dillahunt) musical idol, and Burt hopes to relive his rock-star years by playing backup for him at the concert. Lee now stars on TNT’s Memphis Beat, which was renewed for a second season. Raising Hope was recently picked up for a full season.
'Earl' Star Jason Lee To Appear On 'Hope'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Mistresses' Renewed For Third Season
- MTV Picks Up Mystery Comedy Pilot Directed By Zach Braff
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Cuts Into 'Scorpion' On West Coast
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'