My Name Is Earl star Jason Lee is reuniting with the show’s creator Greg Garcia on an upcoming episode of Garcia’s new series, Fox’s freshman comedy Raising Hope. Lee will guest star as Smokey Daniels, a washed-up rock star who is hired as the lead act at “Grocery-Palooza,” a rock concert at the supermarket where Sabrina (Shannon Woodward) works. Smokey was once Burt’s (Garret Dillahunt) musical idol, and Burt hopes to relive his rock-star years by playing backup for him at the concert. Lee now stars on TNT’s Memphis Beat, which was renewed for a second season. Raising Hope was recently picked up for a full season.
'Earl' Star Jason Lee To Appear On 'Hope'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest TV News
- Got Director? Fox Pushes For Scripts To Secure Helmers Before Pilot Pickup
- Epix Taps Ex-Goldwyn Films Exec Ian Puente As SVP Business & Legal Affairs
- Stephen Colbert’s Post-Super Bowl Live ‘Late Show’ Scores Show High Prelim Stats
- Hasbro Raises Dividend With Help From Strong ‘Star Wars’ Toy Sales In Q4
- Daniel Gerson Dies: Screenwriter On ‘Monsters, Inc’, ‘Big Hero 6’ Was 49
- Super Bowl Ratings Steady With Last Year; Second-Highest Overnight Ever