My Name Is Earl star Jason Lee is reuniting with the show’s creator Greg Garcia on an upcoming episode of Garcia’s new series, Fox’s freshman comedy Raising Hope. Lee will guest star as Smokey Daniels, a washed-up rock star who is hired as the lead act at “Grocery-Palooza,” a rock concert at the supermarket where Sabrina (Shannon Woodward) works. Smokey was once Burt’s (Garret Dillahunt) musical idol, and Burt hopes to relive his rock-star years by playing backup for him at the concert. Lee now stars on TNT’s Memphis Beat, which was renewed for a second season. Raising Hope was recently picked up for a full season.
'Earl' Star Jason Lee To Appear On 'Hope'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Andreeva
- Mykelti Williamson To Recur (And Sing) On ABC's 'Nashville'
- Brad Copeland To Write ABC Comedy Starring Chevy Chase & Beverly D'Angelo
- Angela Kinsey To Topline & Co-Create ABC Buddy Comedy Produced By Darlene Hunt & Will Gluck
- CBS Buys Meatball Restaurant Comedy From Bill Lawrence, Jeff Astrof & All3Media With Production Commitment
- Q&A: Laurence Fishburne On 'Black-Ish' Comedic Turn, 'Hannibal' Return & 'CSI'
- AMC To Board Channel 4 Series 'Humans' As Xbox Entertainment Studios Downsizes Slate & Mulls Possible Future