My Name Is Earl star Jason Lee is reuniting with the show’s creator Greg Garcia on an upcoming episode of Garcia’s new series, Fox’s freshman comedy Raising Hope. Lee will guest star as Smokey Daniels, a washed-up rock star who is hired as the lead act at “Grocery-Palooza,” a rock concert at the supermarket where Sabrina (Shannon Woodward) works. Smokey was once Burt’s (Garret Dillahunt) musical idol, and Burt hopes to relive his rock-star years by playing backup for him at the concert. Lee now stars on TNT’s Memphis Beat, which was renewed for a second season. Raising Hope was recently picked up for a full season.
'Earl' Star Jason Lee To Appear On 'Hope'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- Keith Cox To Be Promoted To President Of Development For The Paramount Network & TV Land, Sharon Levy Expected To Exit
- Susannah Flood Joins ABC’s Shondaland Pilot; Swoosie Kurtz In ‘Charlie Foxtrot’
- ‘The Good Fight’ Ratings Debut Soft For Solo Night On CBS, ‘Son Of Zorn’ Up
- John Oliver Explains Why Donald Trump Loves Vladimir Putin, Who Loves Trump Right Back
- Donald Trump Doubles Down On His ‘Fake News’ Attacks & Sweden – Update
- Matt Charman To Pen ‘M’; Mammoth Screen Project Based On Real MI5 Spymaster