My Name Is Earl star Jason Lee is reuniting with the show’s creator Greg Garcia on an upcoming episode of Garcia’s new series, Fox’s freshman comedy Raising Hope. Lee will guest star as Smokey Daniels, a washed-up rock star who is hired as the lead act at “Grocery-Palooza,” a rock concert at the supermarket where Sabrina (Shannon Woodward) works. Smokey was once Burt’s (Garret Dillahunt) musical idol, and Burt hopes to relive his rock-star years by playing backup for him at the concert. Lee now stars on TNT’s Memphis Beat, which was renewed for a second season. Raising Hope was recently picked up for a full season.
'Earl' Star Jason Lee To Appear On 'Hope'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sylvester Stallone & Antoine Fuqua Plot TV Series 'Omerta,' 'The Godfather' Author Mario Puzo's Last Novel
Latest TV News
- Baltimore TV Station Bomb Threat: Suspect In Serious Condition; Bomb Was Made Of Candy Bars And Wire – Update
- Jeffrey Katzenberg To DWA Staff: “The Best Days Lie Ahead”
- Lifetime Hires Sharon Bordas As VP Scripted Series Development
- Kelly Ripa’s New Contract Strategy: Screaming Hairy Armadillo
- Mark Burnett Taps Barry Poznick As Head Of Unscripted For MGM TV Group
- Stephen Root Cast In Bill Hader's HBO Comedy Pilot ‘Barry’