My Name Is Earl star Jason Lee is reuniting with the show’s creator Greg Garcia on an upcoming episode of Garcia’s new series, Fox’s freshman comedy Raising Hope. Lee will guest star as Smokey Daniels, a washed-up rock star who is hired as the lead act at “Grocery-Palooza,” a rock concert at the supermarket where Sabrina (Shannon Woodward) works. Smokey was once Burt’s (Garret Dillahunt) musical idol, and Burt hopes to relive his rock-star years by playing backup for him at the concert. Lee now stars on TNT’s Memphis Beat, which was renewed for a second season. Raising Hope was recently picked up for a full season.
'Earl' Star Jason Lee To Appear On 'Hope'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Jones' Parents Unveil New "Safety For Sarah" PSA, Tell Sundance "Never Again, Never Forget" - Video
More From Andreeva
- eOne Television CEO John Morayniss Inks New Long-Term Contract
- Alan Ball’s Salieri Tale ‘Virtuoso’ Gets HBO Pilot Order With Elton John Producing
- Katie Holmes Joins Showtime Drama ‘Ray Donovan’
- ‘The Bachelor’, ‘Super Bowl Commercials’, ‘The Originals’ Eye Ratings Highs
- Russian Spy Ring News Blends Into ‘The Americans’ & ‘Allegiance’ Marketing
- ‘Rush Hour’, Greg Garcia’s ‘Super Clyde’, Bill Wrubel Pilot Ordered By CBS