The film’s international rollout helped lift third quarter results for DreamWorks Animation. The company reported total revenue of $188.9 million and net income of $39.8 million, an increase over the same quarter last year (in which it registered revenue of $135.4 million and net income of $19.6 million). Shrek Forever After, which was released on May 21, contributed $120.4 million of revenue in the quarter, mainly from overseas. In total, it grossed $238 million domestically and $497 internationally, making it the company’s highest ever international performer. In the 4th quarter, DreamWorks Animation will be releasing Megamind on November 5 and Shrek Forever After on DVD and Blu-ray on December 7. How To Train Your Dragon was released on DVD and Blu-Ray on October 15.
DreamWorks Animation's 3rd Quarter Boosted By 'Shrek Forever After'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscar Nominees Luncheon: Contenders Told To Submit List Of "Thank Yous" In Advance As Event Draws Huge Crowd
Latest TV News
- ‘Ant-Man And The Wasp’s Evangeline Lilly Signs With UTA
- Michael Engler To Direct ABC Drama Pilot ‘Notorious’
- ‘Fuller House’ Trailer: The Tanneritos “Still Look Good”
- Amazon Renews ‘Mozart In The Jungle’ For Third Season
- Stephen Colbert Makes Ben Carson Entrance On ‘Late Show’
- Samantha Bee Trashes White House Race In ‘Full Frontal’ Debut