The film’s international rollout helped lift third quarter results for DreamWorks Animation. The company reported total revenue of $188.9 million and net income of $39.8 million, an increase over the same quarter last year (in which it registered revenue of $135.4 million and net income of $19.6 million). Shrek Forever After, which was released on May 21, contributed $120.4 million of revenue in the quarter, mainly from overseas. In total, it grossed $238 million domestically and $497 internationally, making it the company’s highest ever international performer. In the 4th quarter, DreamWorks Animation will be releasing Megamind on November 5 and Shrek Forever After on DVD and Blu-ray on December 7. How To Train Your Dragon was released on DVD and Blu-Ray on October 15.
DreamWorks Animation's 3rd Quarter Boosted By 'Shrek Forever After'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Bouncing To $300M+; 'Power Rangers' Pummels 'Life' & 'CHIPS' - Midday B.O. Update
'Justice League' Teaser Trailers Recruit Wonder Woman; She Joins Batman, Aquaman & The Flash - Update
Latest TV News
- Trumpcare Vote Yanked In First Blow To Donald Trump Presidency
- Lauren Dolgen Joins Viceland As Head of West Coast Development
- Melissa McCarthy Says Sean Spicer Impression Was Not Her Idea, But Ears Made All The Difference
- CBS’ March Madness Prevails In Thursday Primetime; ABC’s TGIT Tops Non-Sports Fare
- Thomas Gibson’s Claim Against Manager Rejected By State Labor Commission
- ‘Manhunt: Unabomber’ Casts Rebecca Henderson; Brandon Spink Joins ‘Berlin Station’