The film’s international rollout helped lift third quarter results for DreamWorks Animation. The company reported total revenue of $188.9 million and net income of $39.8 million, an increase over the same quarter last year (in which it registered revenue of $135.4 million and net income of $19.6 million). Shrek Forever After, which was released on May 21, contributed $120.4 million of revenue in the quarter, mainly from overseas. In total, it grossed $238 million domestically and $497 internationally, making it the company’s highest ever international performer. In the 4th quarter, DreamWorks Animation will be releasing Megamind on November 5 and Shrek Forever After on DVD and Blu-ray on December 7. How To Train Your Dragon was released on DVD and Blu-Ray on October 15.
DreamWorks Animation's 3rd Quarter Boosted By 'Shrek Forever After'
What's Hot on Deadline
How Lynne Ramsay Got Over 'Jane Got A Gun' & Embraced Joaquin Phoenix Noir 'You Were Never Really Here' - Cannes
Latest TV News
- A-Rod Signs With ABC News, Expanding TV Presence Beyond Sports
- Ryan Murphy On The Risk And Reward Of Setting His Own Path – Deadline Disruptors
- Donald Trump Gets ‘Bachelor’ Bashed By California Lt. Governor Over Paris Accord
- Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies: Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser & MSNBC Host Mika Brzezinski’s Father Was 89
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit