The film’s international rollout helped lift third quarter results for DreamWorks Animation. The company reported total revenue of $188.9 million and net income of $39.8 million, an increase over the same quarter last year (in which it registered revenue of $135.4 million and net income of $19.6 million). Shrek Forever After, which was released on May 21, contributed $120.4 million of revenue in the quarter, mainly from overseas. In total, it grossed $238 million domestically and $497 internationally, making it the company’s highest ever international performer. In the 4th quarter, DreamWorks Animation will be releasing Megamind on November 5 and Shrek Forever After on DVD and Blu-ray on December 7. How To Train Your Dragon was released on DVD and Blu-Ray on October 15.
DreamWorks Animation's 3rd Quarter Boosted By 'Shrek Forever After'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest TV News
- CBS’ Paired ‘The Big Bang Theory’ And ‘Sheldon’ Dominate Flat Thursday
- ‘Still The King’ Billy Ray Cyrus Comedy Series Canceled By CMT After 2 Seasons
- Dave Chappelle’s New Netflix Special Set For New Year’s Eve
- Adam McKay Reteams With Composer Nicholas Britell On Two Projects
- Ben Affleck Calls Harvey Weinstein “Sleazy”, Admires Rose McGowan
- ‘Nashville’ To End: Season 6 On CMT Will Be Country Drama Series’ Last