The film’s international rollout helped lift third quarter results for DreamWorks Animation. The company reported total revenue of $188.9 million and net income of $39.8 million, an increase over the same quarter last year (in which it registered revenue of $135.4 million and net income of $19.6 million). Shrek Forever After, which was released on May 21, contributed $120.4 million of revenue in the quarter, mainly from overseas. In total, it grossed $238 million domestically and $497 internationally, making it the company’s highest ever international performer. In the 4th quarter, DreamWorks Animation will be releasing Megamind on November 5 and Shrek Forever After on DVD and Blu-ray on December 7. How To Train Your Dragon was released on DVD and Blu-Ray on October 15.
DreamWorks Animation's 3rd Quarter Boosted By 'Shrek Forever After'
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- CNN Wins DNC Ratings Vote As Obama Speech Steady With RNC Day 3 Viewership
- ‘Fresh Off the Boat’ Creator Nahnatchka Khan Inks Pod Deal With 20th TV
- ‘Friday Night Tykes’ & ‘Steel Country’ Spinoff Renewed By Esquire
- Fullscreen’s ‘Keeping Score’ Follows Hope Solo & Other Soccer Stars On Road To Rio
- ‘Walk The Prank’ Renewed For Season 2 By Disney XD
- DGA Sets 2017 Awards Schedule