The film’s international rollout helped lift third quarter results for DreamWorks Animation. The company reported total revenue of $188.9 million and net income of $39.8 million, an increase over the same quarter last year (in which it registered revenue of $135.4 million and net income of $19.6 million). Shrek Forever After, which was released on May 21, contributed $120.4 million of revenue in the quarter, mainly from overseas. In total, it grossed $238 million domestically and $497 internationally, making it the company’s highest ever international performer. In the 4th quarter, DreamWorks Animation will be releasing Megamind on November 5 and Shrek Forever After on DVD and Blu-ray on December 7. How To Train Your Dragon was released on DVD and Blu-Ray on October 15.
DreamWorks Animation's 3rd Quarter Boosted By 'Shrek Forever After'
What's Hot on Deadline
Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today -- Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
'Fresh Off The Boat' Inches Up As Fox Comedies & 'The Muppets' Drop; The CW Fall Kickoff OK With 'The Flash', 'iZombie'
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’: Lady Gaga Has Invite For Season 6
- ABC Developing ‘The Homefront’ Family Comedy From Todd Holland
- ‘Sherlock’ Victorian Special Trailer: What A Difference A Century-Plus Makes – Or Does It?
- Jimmy Fallon Books John Boehner For ‘Tonight Show’ As Pol Guests Suddenly Sexy
- ‘Red Oaks’ Review: Amazon’s 1985-Set Coming-Of-Age Comedy Is A Grand Slam
- Kevin Corcoran Dies: ‘Old Yeller’ Actor And TV Producer Was 66