EXCLUSIVE: Donald Trump has been a fixture on NBC for most of the past decade as the star-executive producer of the long-running reality series The Apprentice and partner with NBC on the Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants. Now Trump has formalized and expanded his relationship with the network by signing a rich multi-year first-look deal with NBC Universal for his company Trump Prods. Under the all-encompassing pact, Trump and Andy Litinsky, president of Trump Prods., will create, develop, and executive produce scripted, unscripted, animated, and syndicated TV projects for NBC Universal’s broadcast, cable and syndication divisions. Trump Prods. is currently in production on the 4th cycle of Celebrity Apprentice which will premiere in January, with a regular Apprentice series now airing on NBC. On the development side, Trump Prods. and 44 Blue Prods. are producing Keep It In the Family, a business-themed reality pilot for the CW based on a BBC Two format which is now casting, and has partnered with Canada’s DHX Media for The Trump Universe, a futuristic animated project in the vein of The Jetsons. Additionally, the company has received second season renewals for dating series Donald J. Trump Presents: The Ultimate Merger on TV One and sports series Trump’s Fabulous World of Golf on the Golf Channel. It has also negotiated a renewal with NBC for both Miss USA and Miss Universe through 2013. Trump Prods.’ series credits also include MTV’s Pageant Place and The Girls of Hedsor Hall.
Donald Trump Signs First-Look Deal With NBC Universal
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup