EXCLUSIVE: Donald Trump has been a fixture on NBC for most of the past decade as the star-executive producer of the long-running reality series The Apprentice and partner with NBC on the Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants. Now Trump has formalized and expanded his relationship with the network by signing a rich multi-year first-look deal with NBC Universal for his company Trump Prods. Under the all-encompassing pact, Trump and Andy Litinsky, president of Trump Prods., will create, develop, and executive produce scripted, unscripted, animated, and syndicated TV projects for NBC Universal’s broadcast, cable and syndication divisions. Trump Prods. is currently in production on the 4th cycle of Celebrity Apprentice which will premiere in January, with a regular Apprentice series now airing on NBC. On the development side, Trump Prods. and 44 Blue Prods. are producing Keep It In the Family, a business-themed reality pilot for the CW based on a BBC Two format which is now casting, and has partnered with Canada’s DHX Media for The Trump Universe, a futuristic animated project in the vein of The Jetsons. Additionally, the company has received second season renewals for dating series Donald J. Trump Presents: The Ultimate Merger on TV One and sports series Trump’s Fabulous World of Golf on the Golf Channel. It has also negotiated a renewal with NBC for both Miss USA and Miss Universe through 2013. Trump Prods.’ series credits also include MTV’s Pageant Place and The Girls of Hedsor Hall.
Donald Trump Signs First-Look Deal With NBC Universal
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Nathan Fillion Takes Leaf Out Of Joss Whedon Playbook For eOne’s ABC Cop Drama ‘The Rookie’
- ‘Whiskey Cavalier’: Ana Ortiz To Co-Star In ABC Pilot
- ‘Convicting A Murderer’: Steven Avery Follow-Up In The Works By Documentary Filmmaker Shawn Rech
- ‘Tough Mudder’ Returns To CW & CW Seed
- Sky Italia Boards eOne’s ‘Gaddafi’ From ‘Gomorrah’ Creator Roberto Saviano
- Oprah Winfrey Shrugs Off Donald Trump’s Claim Of Insecurity & ‘60 Minutes’ Bias