Disney is giving Tron: Legacy a major push, launching today an official 10-week countdown to the December 17 release. Every week will showcase some kind of special Tron: Legacy “event.” It’s highlighted by Tron Night: An IMAX 3D Experience on October 28 at select theaters. 20 minutes of the film will be shown, and tickets are actually free and on a first-come, first-serve basis. There’s also what the studio is calling “Tron Tuesdays” — new video clips and artwork will be released online and via different broadcast outlets. And among other things, the nighttime “party” ElecTRONica takes place every Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Disney California Adventure. It’s touted as a visual- and music-based experience and runs through April.
Disney's Flexing 'Tron' Marketing Muscle
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Says This Year’s Crazy Oscars Ceremony Was Cursed – Watch
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best Picture Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot