David O Russell has signed on with Sony Pictures Entertainment to rewrite and direct a movie based on the PlayStation 3 game Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune. Russell, who last directed Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale in The Fighter, takes on a vidgame that follows treasure hunter Nathan Drake. Tom Donnelly and Josh Oppenheimer wrote the first draft. The original game sold 1 million copies within 10 weeks of its release and spawned a sequel that sold 3.8 million units worldwide. Russell reportedly just fell out of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
David O Russell To Direct Movie Version Of Vidgame 'Uncharted: Drake's Fortune'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Shark Spec Script 'In The Deep' Won By Sony
- 'Godzilla' Sequel To Be Scripted By Max Borenstein
- 'Fargo's Noah Hawley To Adapt His Novel 'Before The Fall' In Sony Pic Deal
- Ang Lee Next Directing 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' At TriStar
- 'King Arthur' Crowns Its Guinevere