David O Russell has signed on with Sony Pictures Entertainment to rewrite and direct a movie based on the PlayStation 3 game Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune. Russell, who last directed Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale in The Fighter, takes on a vidgame that follows treasure hunter Nathan Drake. Tom Donnelly and Josh Oppenheimer wrote the first draft. The original game sold 1 million copies within 10 weeks of its release and spawned a sequel that sold 3.8 million units worldwide. Russell reportedly just fell out of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
David O Russell To Direct Movie Version Of Vidgame 'Uncharted: Drake's Fortune'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start