David O Russell has signed on with Sony Pictures Entertainment to rewrite and direct a movie based on the PlayStation 3 game Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune. Russell, who last directed Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale in The Fighter, takes on a vidgame that follows treasure hunter Nathan Drake. Tom Donnelly and Josh Oppenheimer wrote the first draft. The original game sold 1 million copies within 10 weeks of its release and spawned a sequel that sold 3.8 million units worldwide. Russell reportedly just fell out of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
David O Russell To Direct Movie Version Of Vidgame 'Uncharted: Drake's Fortune'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Fleming Jr
- Does TV Hurt Movie Careers? 'True Detective's Matthew McConaughey Coveted For 'The Stand' And 'Gold'
- Tobey Maguire's Material Signs Oscar Sharp To Blind Deal Off Short Pic 'The Karman Line'
- Circle Of Confusion's Brad Mendelsohn To Head Lit Department
- Andrew Dominik To Script 'Shaolin Temple' For Helmer Justin Lin
- Brad Grey Takes ALS Plunge With Help From Johnny Knoxville
- EMMYS: Deadline's Live-Blog Special Guest: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter