David O Russell has signed on with Sony Pictures Entertainment to rewrite and direct a movie based on the PlayStation 3 game Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune. Russell, who last directed Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale in The Fighter, takes on a vidgame that follows treasure hunter Nathan Drake. Tom Donnelly and Josh Oppenheimer wrote the first draft. The original game sold 1 million copies within 10 weeks of its release and spawned a sequel that sold 3.8 million units worldwide. Russell reportedly just fell out of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
David O Russell To Direct Movie Version Of Vidgame 'Uncharted: Drake's Fortune'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Fleming Jr
- 'The Killer' Movie: Alex Holmes Set To Adapt For Pierre Morel, Studiocanal
- After Moving Slow As Corpse, 'Zombieland 2′ Gets Writer And Urgency
- Dylan Sellers Exits President Post at TWC
- Dennis Quaid Joins Dan Rather-George W. Bush Scandal Pic 'Truth'
- Quvenzhane Wallis To Star In Bestseller 'Counting By 7s'