David O Russell has signed on with Sony Pictures Entertainment to rewrite and direct a movie based on the PlayStation 3 game Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune. Russell, who last directed Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale in The Fighter, takes on a vidgame that follows treasure hunter Nathan Drake. Tom Donnelly and Josh Oppenheimer wrote the first draft. The original game sold 1 million copies within 10 weeks of its release and spawned a sequel that sold 3.8 million units worldwide. Russell reportedly just fell out of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
David O Russell To Direct Movie Version Of Vidgame 'Uncharted: Drake's Fortune'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: On Football Violence, And Rethinking Toronto Vs. Telluride Turf War
- What Was I Thinking? IFC President Jonathan Sehring On Funding 'Boyhood' For 12 Years
- Ashley Judd & Demian Bichir Join Voltage's 'Good Kids'
- Toronto: Magnolia, CNN Films Buys 'Sunshine Superman'
- Toronto: Second Jennifer Aniston Pic Catches Buzz North Of The Border
- Richard Linklater Setting Lineup Card For Baseball Movie