With Fox’s Glee topping the rating and music charts, CW has teamed with Bandslam writer-director Todd Graff and the film’s producer Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas to develop its own musical and dancing dramedy. Titled Acting Out, the project is described as Glee meets Bad Santa and explores relationships of counselors and staff of a down-on-its-luck summer camp whose new owner is a young curmudgeon in the vein of Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa. In addition to writing, Graff is executive producing with Goldsmith-Thomas and may direct. This is a familiar setting for Graff, who also wrote and directed the 2003 film Camp, about a burnt-out Broadway songwriter who goes to work at a musical camp for young performers. It’s been a busy selling season for Goldsmith Thomas who has 5 projects set up at various networks, including a drama at Fox with writer Jason Smilovic.
CW Developing Teen Musical Dramedy
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21