With Fox’s Glee topping the rating and music charts, CW has teamed with Bandslam writer-director Todd Graff and the film’s producer Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas to develop its own musical and dancing dramedy. Titled Acting Out, the project is described as Glee meets Bad Santa and explores relationships of counselors and staff of a down-on-its-luck summer camp whose new owner is a young curmudgeon in the vein of Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa. In addition to writing, Graff is executive producing with Goldsmith-Thomas and may direct. This is a familiar setting for Graff, who also wrote and directed the 2003 film Camp, about a burnt-out Broadway songwriter who goes to work at a musical camp for young performers. It’s been a busy selling season for Goldsmith Thomas who has 5 projects set up at various networks, including a drama at Fox with writer Jason Smilovic.
CW Developing Teen Musical Dramedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- “Hello, Clarice” – Jodie Foster Visits Stephen Colbert For Special Probe Into Lecter Ties To Trump
- ‘Exorcist’ EPs Talk Tonight’s Finale, Possible Season 3 & Disney/Fox Deal
- ‘The Trade’: Morgan Spurlock Dropped As Executive Producer Of Showtime’s Sundance-Bound Docu Series
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix