Conan O’Brien has really broken the bank with the latest promo for his upcoming TBS latenight talk show. In the just-released video, the comedian drives an explosives (and popcorn)-filled car off a cliff in the desert while a chamber orchestra plays nearby. The promo was directed by top commercial director Bryan Buckley who has helmed some 3 dozen Super Bowl commercials, including the 2009 Bud Light spot starring Conan. He won an Emmy for the Animals American Express commercial with Ellen DeGeneres. A slightly different cut of the Conan promo is being shown at movie theaters.
Conan O'Brien's Explosive New TBS Promo
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate