Comedy Central has handed out a pilot order to Waiting…, a half-hour project based on the 2005 indie comedy of the same name which starred Ryan Reynolds, Anna Faris and Justin Long. Written by the film’s writer-director Rob McKittrick, the project follows the young and not so young employees at Shenaniganz restaurant as they gossip, make fun of customers, and avert boredom and adulthood with their antics. Each of the employees projects their own issues into the restaurant as they grapple with sex, booze, and whether they are temporary or permanent fixtures in the restaurant world. McKittrick is executive producing with Thomas Augsberger and Jeff Balis. Waiting… was featured on Comedy Central’s 2010-11 Development slate announced in May.
Comedy Central Greenlights 'Waiting' Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates