He joins Rhys Ifans, Anna Friel and Bob Hoskins in the two-part miniseries that Sky Movies HD and Syfy are co-producing. Nick Willing is writing and producing this Peter Pan prequel, which Sky Movies HD is financing with Syfy. Currently in production in Genoa, Italy and Dublin, Ireland, Neverland is slated to air in 2011. Irish indie Parallel Films is the producer. RHI Entertainment is distributing internationally. Criticised only last week by BBC drama controller Ben Stephenson for only investing £30 million ($45 million) a year in original drama, Sky is making a big push into scripted TV. There are billboards everywhere in London promoting its new cop drama Thorne, based on the bestselling thrillers by Mark Billingham. David Morrissey stars opposite Natasha McElhone in the 6-part show, which begins this Sunday on Sky One going head to head with ITV’s Downton Abbey.
Charles Dance Joins Sky’s ‘Neverland’
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Nathan Fillion Takes Leaf Out Of Joss Whedon Playbook For eOne’s ABC Cop Drama ‘The Rookie’
- ‘Whiskey Cavalier’: Ana Ortiz To Co-Star In ABC Pilot
- ‘Convicting A Murderer’: Steven Avery Follow-Up In The Works By Documentary Filmmaker Shawn Rech
- ‘Tough Mudder’ Returns To CW & CW Seed
- Sky Italia Boards eOne’s ‘Gaddafi’ From ‘Gomorrah’ Creator Roberto Saviano
- Oprah Winfrey Shrugs Off Donald Trump’s Claim Of Insecurity & ‘60 Minutes’ Bias