CBS’ reality-competition series Live to Dance starring former American Idol judge Paul Abdul will premiere on Tuesday, Jan. 4 with a two-hour episode from 8-10 PM and move to its regular Wednesday 8-9 PM time period the following night, Jan. 5. It will fill in for Survivor, bridging the veteran reality series’ two cycles. Starting on Jan. 12, the 18 dance act finalists on Live to Dance will compete live for 3 weeks leading to the grand finale that will determine the champion and recipient of a $500,000 prize. Fox is yet to announce a premiere date for American Idol, but the show traditionally returns mid-January. It usually starts off with double runs at 8 PM on Tuesday and Wednesday, so if Idol keeps that schedule, Abdul may go head-to-head with her former show. Abdul serves as executive producer, mentor and lead expert of Live to Dance, joined on the panel of experts by Travis Payne and Kimberly Wyatt. Andrew Günsberg will host of the series produced by Reveille.
Paula Abdul's CBS 'Dance' Reality Series To Launch In January And Possibly Face 'Idol'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
Spirit Award Nominations: 'Call Me By Your Name', 'Lady Bird', 'Get Out', 'The Rider', 'Florida Project' Best Pics
Latest TV News
- David Cassidy Dies: ‘Partridge Family’ Actor & Pop Singer Was 67
- Buzz Belmondo Dies: ‘Out Of This World’ Actor & Comic Was 70
- ‘Chicago P.D.’s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For “Inappropriate Behavior” Amid Sexual…
- Tig Notaro To Host Artios Awards; Nicole Kidman To Present Award To Kevin Huvane
- Canadian Actors Union Branch President Says She Was Sexually Assaulted Four Times
- ‘Too Old To Die Young’: Billy Baldwin Cast In Nicolas Winding Refn's Amazon Series