CBS’ reality-competition series Live to Dance starring former American Idol judge Paul Abdul will premiere on Tuesday, Jan. 4 with a two-hour episode from 8-10 PM and move to its regular Wednesday 8-9 PM time period the following night, Jan. 5. It will fill in for Survivor, bridging the veteran reality series’ two cycles. Starting on Jan. 12, the 18 dance act finalists on Live to Dance will compete live for 3 weeks leading to the grand finale that will determine the champion and recipient of a $500,000 prize. Fox is yet to announce a premiere date for American Idol, but the show traditionally returns mid-January. It usually starts off with double runs at 8 PM on Tuesday and Wednesday, so if Idol keeps that schedule, Abdul may go head-to-head with her former show. Abdul serves as executive producer, mentor and lead expert of Live to Dance, joined on the panel of experts by Travis Payne and Kimberly Wyatt. Andrew Günsberg will host of the series produced by Reveille.
Paula Abdul's CBS 'Dance' Reality Series To Launch In January And Possibly Face 'Idol'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sylvester Stallone & Antoine Fuqua Plot TV Series 'Omerta,' 'The Godfather' Author Mario Puzo's Last Novel
Latest TV News
- ITV Taps USA Network Exec Jessica Sebastian AS SVP Development
- Netflix Orders ‘The Punisher’ Marvel Series
- ’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Director Dan Trachtenberg To Helm ‘Black Mirror’ Ep For Netflix
- Jimmy Kimmel Schmoozes With L.A. Rams First Overall Draft Pick Jared Goff
- A Call To Action As Chaiken, Berlanti Honored at Inaugural Alliance of Women Directors Awards
- Baltimore TV Station Bomb Threat: Suspect In Serious Condition; Bomb Was Made Of Candy Bars And Wire – Update