CBS’ reality-competition series Live to Dance starring former American Idol judge Paul Abdul will premiere on Tuesday, Jan. 4 with a two-hour episode from 8-10 PM and move to its regular Wednesday 8-9 PM time period the following night, Jan. 5. It will fill in for Survivor, bridging the veteran reality series’ two cycles. Starting on Jan. 12, the 18 dance act finalists on Live to Dance will compete live for 3 weeks leading to the grand finale that will determine the champion and recipient of a $500,000 prize. Fox is yet to announce a premiere date for American Idol, but the show traditionally returns mid-January. It usually starts off with double runs at 8 PM on Tuesday and Wednesday, so if Idol keeps that schedule, Abdul may go head-to-head with her former show. Abdul serves as executive producer, mentor and lead expert of Live to Dance, joined on the panel of experts by Travis Payne and Kimberly Wyatt. Andrew Günsberg will host of the series produced by Reveille.
Paula Abdul's CBS 'Dance' Reality Series To Launch In January And Possibly Face 'Idol'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks