CBS’ reality-competition series Live to Dance starring former American Idol judge Paul Abdul will premiere on Tuesday, Jan. 4 with a two-hour episode from 8-10 PM and move to its regular Wednesday 8-9 PM time period the following night, Jan. 5. It will fill in for Survivor, bridging the veteran reality series’ two cycles. Starting on Jan. 12, the 18 dance act finalists on Live to Dance will compete live for 3 weeks leading to the grand finale that will determine the champion and recipient of a $500,000 prize. Fox is yet to announce a premiere date for American Idol, but the show traditionally returns mid-January. It usually starts off with double runs at 8 PM on Tuesday and Wednesday, so if Idol keeps that schedule, Abdul may go head-to-head with her former show. Abdul serves as executive producer, mentor and lead expert of Live to Dance, joined on the panel of experts by Travis Payne and Kimberly Wyatt. Andrew Günsberg will host of the series produced by Reveille.
Paula Abdul's CBS 'Dance' Reality Series To Launch In January And Possibly Face 'Idol'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek Beyond' Dips Below $60M; 'Lights Out' Electrifies; 'Ice Age' Bit By 'Pets' -- Box Office Sat. AM
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Latest TV News
- ‘Conan’ Returning To Comic-Con In 2017
- Lee Majors Makes His Comic-Con Debut At ‘Ash Vs Evil Dead’ Panel
- ‘Arrow’ Season 5: Evelyn Sharp & Wild Dog First Look – Comic-Con
- Doctor Alchemy Unveiled In ‘The Flash’ Season 3 Trailer- Comic-Con
- ‘DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow’: Matt Letscher Joins Cast; Obsidian, Stargirl & Dr. Mid-Nite Coming In Season 2…
- Kevin Smith On Matt Damon, ‘Mallrats’ TV Series, ‘Walking Dead’ & ‘Geeking Out…