CBS has greenlighted The Same Name, an hourlong pilot from one of the masters of comedic celebreality, Cris Abrego. The project, which Abrego executive produces with Eugene Young, is a fish-out-of water comedic series involving regular people and celebrities with whom they happen to share the same name. Each self-contained episode of the show, produced by Endemol-owned 51 Minds, will feature a celebrity as he/she trades life and careers with his/hers name doppelganger and will follow both as they see what it’s like to live in each others shoes. The Same Name is part of an expansion for UTA-repped Abrego who had done most of his business at VH1 so far. Along with frequent collaborator Mark Cronin, Abrego has been the go-to guy for the channel’s core celebreality fare with such series as The Surreal Life, Flavor of Love and Rock of Love. For CBS, The Same Name adds to the network’s growing slate of shows about celebrities or other rich people posing as regular folk, which includes reality hit Undercover Boss and series of specials I Get That a Lot.
CBS Orders Celebrity-Themed Reality Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Aaron Paul Starts Production Company, Inks First Look Deal With Sony TV
- 'Emerald City' Not Going Forward At NBC
- 'Bates Motel's Freddie Highmore & Kerry Ehrin Sell Romantic Comedy To NBC
- Stephen Gaghan To Direct AMC Pilot 'White City'
- ABC Buys Family Comedy From Eric Falconer & Greg Garcia
- VH1 Orders 'T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle' Spinoff Series Starring Tiny & Shekinah