It is tricky to evaluate the ratings performance of CBS’ new daytime talk show The Talk as it doesn’t air against other network talk shows and it doesn’t run at the same time in every market (in most, it airs at 2 PM.) But in its debut yesterday, the show hosted by Sara Gilbert, Julie Chen, Holly Robinson Peete, Sharon Osbourne and Leah Remini averaged an OK 2.1/7 rating in the metered markets. That was up 24% from what the network did in the time slot a year ago with recently cancelled soap As the World Turns. It virtually tied the established network competition at 2 PM, soap One Life to Live, which did a 2.2. Ratings are important for The Talk because, as Chen’s husband, CBS CEO Leslie Moonves pointed out in his Good Luck video played during the premiere episode, if they’re are not good, he will cancel it. (Moonves’ message is at the end of the clip from The Talk below.)
CBS Daytime Show 'The Talk' Debuts OK
Trending Now on Deadline
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
More From Andreeva
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA
- Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'