It is tricky to evaluate the ratings performance of CBS’ new daytime talk show The Talk as it doesn’t air against other network talk shows and it doesn’t run at the same time in every market (in most, it airs at 2 PM.) But in its debut yesterday, the show hosted by Sara Gilbert, Julie Chen, Holly Robinson Peete, Sharon Osbourne and Leah Remini averaged an OK 2.1/7 rating in the metered markets. That was up 24% from what the network did in the time slot a year ago with recently cancelled soap As the World Turns. It virtually tied the established network competition at 2 PM, soap One Life to Live, which did a 2.2. Ratings are important for The Talk because, as Chen’s husband, CBS CEO Leslie Moonves pointed out in his Good Luck video played during the premiere episode, if they’re are not good, he will cancel it. (Moonves’ message is at the end of the clip from The Talk below.)
CBS Daytime Show 'The Talk' Debuts OK
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…