Veteran comedian and comedy writer Carol Leifer is taking an entrepreneurial approach with her new half-hour spec script Have a Great Day. Instead of pitching it to the networks, the Seinfeld alumna is staging a live table read for network and studio buyers and producers. Leifer has assembled a cast of actors she has worked with on other shows as well as other talent brought in by casting director Tracy Lilienfield (Will & Grace). Starring in Have a Great Day, an ensemble comedy based Leifer’s life as a comedian and comedy writer living in LA with her partner and extended family, are Andy Kindler (Everybody Loves Raymond), Rachael Harris (The Hangover), Kym Whitley (Curb Your Enthusiasm), Emily Rutherfurd (New Adventures of Old Christine), Eric Allan Kramer (Good Luck Charlie) and Valerie Harper. If Have a Great Day is picked up, “it’s my hope to retain this cast, subject to their availability,” Leifer said. Richie Keen is directing the project, which Leifer describes as a scripted comedy with room for improvisation. Leifer, who appeared on Celebrity Apprentice earlier this year, received an Emmy nomination for her writing work on this year’s Academy Awards. The table read is held by the Collective, which manages Leifer, and Kaplan Stahler Agency, which recently signed her. It will take place November 1 at Acme Comedy Theater.
Carol Leifer To Showcase Spec Comedy Script With Live Table Read For TV Buyers
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'
- FX Renews Comedies 'Married' & 'You're The Worst', Moves 'Worst' To FXX
- NBC Nabs 'Raven Rock' Drama From Robert Zemeckis, Bob Cooper, eOne & Paramount TV