The new Hasbro/Discovery kids channel The Hub launched Sunday with solid increases vs. its predecessor Discovery Kids, but it still has long ways to go to catch up with the leaders in the space Disney Channel and Nickelodeon. For its first day, the Hub drew an average of 135,000 viewers, an increase of 650%. In primetime, Hub’s audience was 217,000, up 1347%. Over at Showtime, Dexter (1.9 million viewers) was up 10% from last week, while HBO’s Boardwalk Empire (2.6 million) slipped 26%. Similarly, Bored to Death (859,000) was down 22%, Eastbound & Down (1.2 million) was down 31%. Sunday’s cable primetime was dominated by TBS’ baseball playoff coverage, which drew 4.7 million viewers.
CABLE RATINGS: HUB OK In Debut, 'Dexter' Up & 'Boardwalk Empire' Down
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest TV News
- Barkeep Hillary Clinton Sets ‘Em Up For Laughs On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Premiere
- Scooter Braun & Cyber Group Partner On ‘Rock Angels’ Animated Musical Series – Mipcom
- Abby Huntsman Joins Fox News As Reporter
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds Paddy Considine, International Intrigue & More As Season 3 Shoot Begins
- ‘Dr. Ken’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Blue Bloods’ Viewership Rises, ABC Wins Night In Demo
- Stephen Colbert Talks Oregon Shooting, McCarthy’s Benghazi “Little White Truth”