The new Hasbro/Discovery kids channel The Hub launched Sunday with solid increases vs. its predecessor Discovery Kids, but it still has long ways to go to catch up with the leaders in the space Disney Channel and Nickelodeon. For its first day, the Hub drew an average of 135,000 viewers, an increase of 650%. In primetime, Hub’s audience was 217,000, up 1347%. Over at Showtime, Dexter (1.9 million viewers) was up 10% from last week, while HBO’s Boardwalk Empire (2.6 million) slipped 26%. Similarly, Bored to Death (859,000) was down 22%, Eastbound & Down (1.2 million) was down 31%. Sunday’s cable primetime was dominated by TBS’ baseball playoff coverage, which drew 4.7 million viewers.
CABLE RATINGS: HUB OK In Debut, 'Dexter' Up & 'Boardwalk Empire' Down
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series