The new Hasbro/Discovery kids channel The Hub launched Sunday with solid increases vs. its predecessor Discovery Kids, but it still has long ways to go to catch up with the leaders in the space Disney Channel and Nickelodeon. For its first day, the Hub drew an average of 135,000 viewers, an increase of 650%. In primetime, Hub’s audience was 217,000, up 1347%. Over at Showtime, Dexter (1.9 million viewers) was up 10% from last week, while HBO’s Boardwalk Empire (2.6 million) slipped 26%. Similarly, Bored to Death (859,000) was down 22%, Eastbound & Down (1.2 million) was down 31%. Sunday’s cable primetime was dominated by TBS’ baseball playoff coverage, which drew 4.7 million viewers.
CABLE RATINGS: HUB OK In Debut, 'Dexter' Up & 'Boardwalk Empire' Down
What's Hot on Deadline
After Protests, Mandy Patinkin Drops Plan To Take Over Lead In Broadway's 'Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet Of 1812'
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- Patti Deutsch Dies: ‘Laugh-In’ And ‘Match Game’ Regular & Veteran Voice Actor Was 73
- Kathy Griffin Says She’s Been “Cleared” In Federal Probe Of Her Severed Trump Head Photo
- ‘Outlander’ Keeps Cast And Viewers On Their Time-Traveling Toes In Season 3 – TCA
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Sues Ex-Manager Over “Sham” Contract & Commissions
- ‘Manhunt: Unabomber’ Review: Sam Worthington & Paul Bettany Are Riveting
- ‘Howards End’ EP On How Starz Period Drama Is Relevant Today – TCA