The new Hasbro/Discovery kids channel The Hub launched Sunday with solid increases vs. its predecessor Discovery Kids, but it still has long ways to go to catch up with the leaders in the space Disney Channel and Nickelodeon. For its first day, the Hub drew an average of 135,000 viewers, an increase of 650%. In primetime, Hub’s audience was 217,000, up 1347%. Over at Showtime, Dexter (1.9 million viewers) was up 10% from last week, while HBO’s Boardwalk Empire (2.6 million) slipped 26%. Similarly, Bored to Death (859,000) was down 22%, Eastbound & Down (1.2 million) was down 31%. Sunday’s cable primetime was dominated by TBS’ baseball playoff coverage, which drew 4.7 million viewers.
CABLE RATINGS: HUB OK In Debut, 'Dexter' Up & 'Boardwalk Empire' Down
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Nathan Fillion Takes Leaf Out Of Joss Whedon Playbook For eOne’s ABC Cop Drama ‘The Rookie’
- ‘Whiskey Cavalier’: Ana Ortiz To Co-Star In ABC Pilot
- ‘Convicting A Murderer’: Steven Avery Follow-Up In The Works By Documentary Filmmaker Shawn Rech
- ‘Tough Mudder’ Returns To CW & CW Seed
- Sky Italia Boards eOne’s ‘Gaddafi’ From ‘Gomorrah’ Creator Roberto Saviano
- Oprah Winfrey Shrugs Off Donald Trump’s Claim Of Insecurity & ’60 Minutes’ Bias