The new Hasbro/Discovery kids channel The Hub launched Sunday with solid increases vs. its predecessor Discovery Kids, but it still has long ways to go to catch up with the leaders in the space Disney Channel and Nickelodeon. For its first day, the Hub drew an average of 135,000 viewers, an increase of 650%. In primetime, Hub’s audience was 217,000, up 1347%. Over at Showtime, Dexter (1.9 million viewers) was up 10% from last week, while HBO’s Boardwalk Empire (2.6 million) slipped 26%. Similarly, Bored to Death (859,000) was down 22%, Eastbound & Down (1.2 million) was down 31%. Sunday’s cable primetime was dominated by TBS’ baseball playoff coverage, which drew 4.7 million viewers.
CABLE RATINGS: HUB OK In Debut, 'Dexter' Up & 'Boardwalk Empire' Down
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Cuts Into 'Scorpion' In Los Angeles
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'
- Jenna Elfman Inks Development Deal With 20th TV To Topline New Series
- 'Once Upon A Time' & 'Family Guy' Soar; 'Resurrection', 'Revenge' & 'CSI' Down In Return – Ratings Rat Race