EXCLUSIVE: I’m told the agency has come on board following a cast and crew screening yesterday afternoon at London’s Empire Leicester Square cinema. ContentFilm International is handling overseas rights on the $25 million medieval action thriller, starring Paul Giamatti and James Purefoy. People at the screening tell me that Ironclad – which has been pitched as a 13th-century Saving Private Ryan – is pretty bloody stuff. It’s already sold to 15 territories including Square One Entertainment in Germany and DeAPlaneta for Spain.
CAA Selling ‘Ironclad’ For North America
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest International News
- Hayao Miyazaki Comes Out Of Retirement For New Feature
- Oscars: Global Media Reacts To Best Picture Blunder
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)
- Rose Garnett Named BBC Films Chief
- Another Oscars Gaffe: Image Of Living Australian Producer Mistakenly Used During In Memoriam Segment
- ‘Moonlight’ Wins Best Picture Oscar … In A Do-Over – Deadline’s Live Blog