EXCLUSIVE: Quickfire is co-financing Blackthorn, a Spanish film which imagines what happened to Butch Cassidy after the notorious 1908 shootout at the climax of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Sam Shepard plays Cassidy. In the film, he is alive and well in Bolivia calling himself James Blackthorn. His advancing years, however, make him long for one last sight of home. Crossing the Bolivian desert, Blackthorn takes a young robber under his protection — but the two of them are hounded by armed gangs and law enforcement. Madrid-based Six Sales is selling this Spanish production currently in post. Mateo Gils, screenwriter of Agora, is making his English-language directing debut and the producer is Ibon Cormenzana’s Arcadia Motion Pictures. Quickfire’s money is an advance against unsold territories. Six Sales will be showing a promo reel at AFM. Blackthorn has already been sold to Spanish public broadcaster TVE and Canal Plus in France.
Butch Cassidy Sequel Finds UK Investor
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Angus Sampson Joins Hulu Drama ‘Shut Eye’; Manny Montana Cast in ABC’s ‘Conviction’
- NBC’s Matt Hubbard Comedy Pilot Adds Three To Family
- Natalie Martinez To Star In Fox Drama Pilot ‘A.P.B.’
- Maya Rudolph-Martin Short Variety Show Finally A Go At NBC
- Jennifer Getzinger To Helm ‘Miranda’s Rights’, Only Female Director Hire On Drama Pilot This Season
- Leslye Headland To Direct ABC’s Gay-Straight Buddy Comedy Pilot