EXCLUSIVE: Quickfire is co-financing Blackthorn, a Spanish film which imagines what happened to Butch Cassidy after the notorious 1908 shootout at the climax of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Sam Shepard plays Cassidy. In the film, he is alive and well in Bolivia calling himself James Blackthorn. His advancing years, however, make him long for one last sight of home. Crossing the Bolivian desert, Blackthorn takes a young robber under his protection — but the two of them are hounded by armed gangs and law enforcement. Madrid-based Six Sales is selling this Spanish production currently in post. Mateo Gils, screenwriter of Agora, is making his English-language directing debut and the producer is Ibon Cormenzana’s Arcadia Motion Pictures. Quickfire’s money is an advance against unsold territories. Six Sales will be showing a promo reel at AFM. Blackthorn has already been sold to Spanish public broadcaster TVE and Canal Plus in France.
Butch Cassidy Sequel Finds UK Investor
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
Latest TV News
- MTV Movie & TV Awards On Collision Course With Potential Writers Strike
- Bill O’Reilly “Set A High Bar,” Tucker Carlson Says In Debut In ‘O’Reilly Factor’ Slot
- Faye Dunaway Talks Feeling "Guilty" About Oscars Best Picture Snafu On 'NBC Nightly News With Lester Holt'
- ‘Flip Or Flop’ Stars Christina & Tarek El Moussa To Return For Season 7
- WGA Members Approve Strike Authorization In Historic Turnout
- “Sad” Bill O’Reilly Says Fans Will Be “Shaken” When “Truth Comes Out” About Fox…