EXCLUSIVE: Quickfire is co-financing Blackthorn, a Spanish film which imagines what happened to Butch Cassidy after the notorious 1908 shootout at the climax of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Sam Shepard plays Cassidy. In the film, he is alive and well in Bolivia calling himself James Blackthorn. His advancing years, however, make him long for one last sight of home. Crossing the Bolivian desert, Blackthorn takes a young robber under his protection — but the two of them are hounded by armed gangs and law enforcement. Madrid-based Six Sales is selling this Spanish production currently in post. Mateo Gils, screenwriter of Agora, is making his English-language directing debut and the producer is Ibon Cormenzana’s Arcadia Motion Pictures. Quickfire’s money is an advance against unsold territories. Six Sales will be showing a promo reel at AFM. Blackthorn has already been sold to Spanish public broadcaster TVE and Canal Plus in France.
Butch Cassidy Sequel Finds UK Investor
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings