EXCLUSIVE: Quickfire is co-financing Blackthorn, a Spanish film which imagines what happened to Butch Cassidy after the notorious 1908 shootout at the climax of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Sam Shepard plays Cassidy. In the film, he is alive and well in Bolivia calling himself James Blackthorn. His advancing years, however, make him long for one last sight of home. Crossing the Bolivian desert, Blackthorn takes a young robber under his protection — but the two of them are hounded by armed gangs and law enforcement. Madrid-based Six Sales is selling this Spanish production currently in post. Mateo Gils, screenwriter of Agora, is making his English-language directing debut and the producer is Ibon Cormenzana’s Arcadia Motion Pictures. Quickfire’s money is an advance against unsold territories. Six Sales will be showing a promo reel at AFM. Blackthorn has already been sold to Spanish public broadcaster TVE and Canal Plus in France.
Butch Cassidy Sequel Finds UK Investor
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- School Shooting Survivors Tell Jordan Klepper It’s Time To End The “Magic” Of Politician-Purchasing NRA
- TLC’s Elvia Van Es Oliva Joins Studio Ramsay To Head U.S. Office