Former American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi has landed a new TV judging gig. Bravo is entering the music competition reality genre with a 10-episode series order to Going Platinum, a competition for emerging singer-songwriters that will star DioGuardi and Jewel who are established songwriters themselves. Jewel will host the series as well as give her feedback alongside DioGuardi who will be the series head judge. The series, which has been in development as Hitmakers and started casting in April, is in production in Los Angeles for a 2011 run. Going Platinum (working title) will follow 12 musicians as they battle through a series of songwriting challenges testing their creativity, patience and drive. In the end, one will be crowned the ultimate hitmaker and walk away with a $100,000 cash prize, publishing deal with Sony, BMI Songwriters The Writing Camp and a recording deal with RCA/Jive. The series is produced by True Entertainment, with Glenda Hersh, Steven Weinstock, Faye Stapleton, Evan Bogart, Tim Bogart and Marvin Acuna executive producing.
Bravo Greenlights Kara DioGuardi/Jewel Music Competition Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office 4-Day: 'Guardians' No. 1 With $280M Cume; 'As Above' Best Of Newcomers; 'Cantinflas' Opens Well
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'