Former American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi has landed a new TV judging gig. Bravo is entering the music competition reality genre with a 10-episode series order to Going Platinum, a competition for emerging singer-songwriters that will star DioGuardi and Jewel who are established songwriters themselves. Jewel will host the series as well as give her feedback alongside DioGuardi who will be the series head judge. The series, which has been in development as Hitmakers and started casting in April, is in production in Los Angeles for a 2011 run. Going Platinum (working title) will follow 12 musicians as they battle through a series of songwriting challenges testing their creativity, patience and drive. In the end, one will be crowned the ultimate hitmaker and walk away with a $100,000 cash prize, publishing deal with Sony, BMI Songwriters The Writing Camp and a recording deal with RCA/Jive. The series is produced by True Entertainment, with Glenda Hersh, Steven Weinstock, Faye Stapleton, Evan Bogart, Tim Bogart and Marvin Acuna executive producing.
Bravo Greenlights Kara DioGuardi/Jewel Music Competition Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
Latest TV News
- MTV Movie & TV Awards On Collision Course With Potential Writers Strike
- Bill O’Reilly “Set A High Bar,” Tucker Carlson Says In Debut In ‘O’Reilly Factor’ Slot
- Faye Dunaway Talks Feeling "Guilty" About Oscars Best Picture Snafu On 'NBC Nightly News With Lester Holt'
- ‘Flip Or Flop’ Stars Christina & Tarek El Moussa To Return For Season 7
- WGA Members Approve Strike Authorization In Historic Turnout
- “Sad” Bill O’Reilly Says Fans Will Be “Shaken” When “Truth Comes Out” About Fox…