Billy Ray has been set to direct The Secret In Their Eyes, the English language remake of last year’s foreign film Oscar winner El Secreto De Sus Ojos. Warner Bros acquired rights to the Argentina pic directed by Juan Jose Campanella. Ray adapted the crime thriller, with Mark Johnson producing. Campanella is executive producer. Ray just rewrote The Hunger Games for Lionsgate, which Gary Ross is negotiating to direct. In the original, a retired prosecutors writes a novel he hopes will allow him to deal with an unrequited love for a superior but mostly to gain closure on a particularly brutal unsolved crime that has haunted him through his career.
Billy Ray Directs Remake Of Oscar Winning Foreign Film
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Gets Biggest Bump In Consumer Demand Post Golden Globes
- Megyn Kelly Plays “Hanoi Jane” Card In Feud With Jane Fonda Over Plastic Surgery Question
- British TV Host Billie JD Porter Details Vice Harassment Allegations
- Mitchell Gossett Joins Industry Entertainment Partners As Manager
- Tomorrow Studios To Adapt Novel ‘The Oracle Year’ As TV Series
- ‘Vampirina’ Renewed For Season 2 By Disney Junior