The Big Bang Theory has made Johnny Galecki a hot property, and now he’s in final negotiations to star in New Regency’s untitled sci-fi movie from Andrew Niccol that used to be called I’m Mortal. He’s joining already-announced Justin Timberlake, Olivia Wilde, Amanda Seyfried and Cillian Murphy in a not-so-distant future in which the aging gene has been switched off. To avoid overpopulation, time has become the currency with which people pay for things. Galecki will be playing Timberlake’s best friend. He’s repped by CAA and Untitled. Eric Newman, Marc Abraham, Kristel Laiblin and Andrew David are producing.
'Big Bang Theory' Star Johnny Galecki Heading For Justin Timberlake Sci-Fi Film
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Team
- R.I.P. Dutch Filmmaker George Sluizer
- 'Saturday Night Live' Insists No Decision On Kenan Thompson After Report Says He's Out At Season End
- Taylor Louderman & Alanna Saunders Join 'Peter Pan Live!'
- DeadlineNow Reviews: 'Gotham' (Video)
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Docu His Most Streamed To Date
- 'Lavalantula': Lava-Spewing Tarantulas Attack Los Angeles In Syfy's Latest Schlock-athon