There’s nothing to UK newspaper reports over the weekend that Time Warner is eyeing the independent TV producer as its next acquisition, I’m told. “There’s nothing to it and nobody’s aware of any offer to come,” one insider tells me. Time Warner is completing its £100 million ($159 million) takeover of Brit TV production company Shed Media. All3Media produces teen soap Hollyoaks for Channel 4 and ITV crime drama Midsummer Murders, which has sold to 204 countries. If Time Warner was to buy All3Media, then the combined Shed/All3Media would become the UK’s biggest independent production company with combined revenues of £316.7 million ($502 million), according to trade mag Broadcast. Shine Group, the UK’s biggest independent producer with turnover of £265 million, would be pushed into second place. Both All3Media and Time Warner declined to comment.
All3Media/Warner Deal ‘Not Happening’
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Nathan Fillion Takes Leaf Out Of Joss Whedon Playbook For eOne’s ABC Cop Drama ‘The Rookie’
- ‘Whiskey Cavalier’: Ana Ortiz To Co-Star In ABC Pilot
- ‘Convicting A Murderer’: Steven Avery Follow-Up In The Works By Documentary Filmmaker Shawn Rech
- ‘Tough Mudder’ Returns To CW & CW Seed
- Sky Italia Boards eOne’s ‘Gaddafi’ From ‘Gomorrah’ Creator Roberto Saviano
- Oprah Winfrey Shrugs Off Donald Trump’s Claim Of Insecurity & ‘60 Minutes’ Bias