EXCLUSIVE: After a year in development, ABC’s Charlie’s Angels reboot is headed to pilot production. The Sony TV-produced project was originally set up at ABC with a pilot commitment last November with Josh Friedman as a writer. It didn’t go to pilot stage and, after the upfronts, it was put in redevelopment with new writers, Smallville creators/executive producers Al Gough and Miles Millar. Back then, it was one of 5 projects put on fast-track development under previous ABC president Steve McPherson. After McPherson’s successor Paul Lee took over in August, there has been chatter that he liked Gough and Millar’s script. Top casting director John Papsidera recently was quietly tapped to start some exploratory search for the leads. The project just released an official breakdown and I hear it has locked in Miami as location for the shoot, eyed for January. Gough and Millar are executive producing with Leonard Goldberg, executive producer of the original series, Drew Barrymore and Nancy Juvonen. The three also produced the two Charlie’s Angels movies that starred Barrymore. So far, Charlie’s Angels has followed closely the successful reboot of another popcorn 1970s series, Hawaii Five-0, which also went through two cycles of development until its second script by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Peter Lenkov was picked up to pilot. It went on to become a series, which was recently picked up for a full season. Now let the guessing begin who the new TV angels will be?
ABC's 'Charlie's Angels' To Shoot Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
Latest TV News
- Chuck Schumer Demands House Dump Intel Committee Chair Devin Nunes After White House Deflects Questions
- ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Draws Nearly 1M Viewers In VH1 Debut
- OWN Sets Docuseries ‘Released’ & ‘Checking Inn’ For Saturday Nights This Fall
- Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine’s Show Only Because He Is Fan, “Plain And Simple”
- ‘Arrow’: Katie Cassidy To Return As Black Siren, Will Be Regular In Season 6
- NFL Approves Raiders Move To Las Vegas For 2019 Season