ABC is developing Plan This, a comedy project loosely based on the life of Beverly Hills-based party planner to the stars Mindy Weiss. The single-camera project, from ABC Studios, will be written by Freaky Friday writer Heather Hach who will serve as co-executive producer. Anonymous Content’s Alex Goldstone and Elana Barry will executive produce the comedy, which has received a script commitment. Weiss has planned weddings and parties for such clients as Ellen Degeneres & Portia Rossi, Ashlee Simpson & Pete Wentz; Eva Longoria & Tony Parker; Heidi Klum & Seal; Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale; Jackie & Adam Sandler; Kate Beckinsale & Len Weisman; and Trista & Ryan of ABC’s The Bachelorette televised wedding. Party planning is an area the networks have been trying to crack for some time with little success. The more notable efforts include the Fox/David E. Kelley series The Wedding Bells.
ABC Planning Party Planning Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Den Of Thieves' & '12 Strong' Draw Close To $1M On Thursday Night, But 'Jumanji' Will Win The Weekend
MoviePass Launches MoviePass Ventures: Subsidiary Will Co-Acquire Films With Distributors - Sundance
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest TV News
- Steve Harvey’s Daytime Talk Show Renewed For Second Season
- TGIT Returns Strong, ‘The Four’ Steady, ‘Supernatural’ Ratings On Par With Spinoff Episode
- Chelsea Handler: How Trump, Weinstein, #MeToo Changed Gender Politics On Anniversary Of Sundance Women’s March – Guest…
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’: Tessa Ferrer Cast In Season 2 Of Audience Network Series
- Amazon Raises Price Of Monthly Prime Memberships By 18% To $12.99
- Joel McHale Unveils Topical Weekly Show For Netflix