ABC is developing Plan This, a comedy project loosely based on the life of Beverly Hills-based party planner to the stars Mindy Weiss. The single-camera project, from ABC Studios, will be written by Freaky Friday writer Heather Hach who will serve as co-executive producer. Anonymous Content’s Alex Goldstone and Elana Barry will executive produce the comedy, which has received a script commitment. Weiss has planned weddings and parties for such clients as Ellen Degeneres & Portia Rossi, Ashlee Simpson & Pete Wentz; Eva Longoria & Tony Parker; Heidi Klum & Seal; Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale; Jackie & Adam Sandler; Kate Beckinsale & Len Weisman; and Trista & Ryan of ABC’s The Bachelorette televised wedding. Party planning is an area the networks have been trying to crack for some time with little success. The more notable efforts include the Fox/David E. Kelley series The Wedding Bells.
ABC Planning Party Planning Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations