ABC is developing Plan This, a comedy project loosely based on the life of Beverly Hills-based party planner to the stars Mindy Weiss. The single-camera project, from ABC Studios, will be written by Freaky Friday writer Heather Hach who will serve as co-executive producer. Anonymous Content’s Alex Goldstone and Elana Barry will executive produce the comedy, which has received a script commitment. Weiss has planned weddings and parties for such clients as Ellen Degeneres & Portia Rossi, Ashlee Simpson & Pete Wentz; Eva Longoria & Tony Parker; Heidi Klum & Seal; Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale; Jackie & Adam Sandler; Kate Beckinsale & Len Weisman; and Trista & Ryan of ABC’s The Bachelorette televised wedding. Party planning is an area the networks have been trying to crack for some time with little success. The more notable efforts include the Fox/David E. Kelley series The Wedding Bells.
ABC Planning Party Planning Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest TV News
- Fox Developing Soap From ‘No Good Deed’ Writer & Chernin Entertainment
- ‘Lady In The Mask’ Psychological Thriller Drama From Amblin TV Set At the CW
- Shelter PR Launches Film & TV Division With Hire Of Former Paramount Exec
- ‘Saturday Night Live’: Colin Jost & Michael Che Named Co-Head Writers Of NBC Show
- Donald Trump Looks Like A Real Winner If Disney & Fox Deal Gets Done
- TV Academy Reclassifies Variety Special Emmy Categories; Splits Some Costume, Directing & Sound Editing Fields