ABC has ordered a new cycle of its summer reality series Wipeout for midseason. ABC already renewed the show for next summer in August, so the winter run will be in addition to the summer one, bringing the total Season 4 order to 24 episodes. Set to premiere in January, the new cycle will take place on a new “Winter Wonderland” course featuring slippery ice, frosty snow and avalanches. New stunts will include Spanker Sleds, the Wipeout Ski Lift and the Polar Bear Run. ABC has kept Wipeout in the summer with the exception of a Super Bowl special that aired during half-time in 2008. But with the network’s new scripted series underperforming, new boss Paul Lee is clearly looking for reinforcements for midseason.
ABC Picks Up Winter Edition Of 'Wipeout'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- NBC Cancels 'Working The Engels'
- Fox Buys Sibling Rivalry Comedy From Dana Klein With Put Pilot Commitment
- Showtime Renews 'Ray Donovan' & 'Masters Of Sex' For Third Season
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC