ABC has ordered a new cycle of its summer reality series Wipeout for midseason. ABC already renewed the show for next summer in August, so the winter run will be in addition to the summer one, bringing the total Season 4 order to 24 episodes. Set to premiere in January, the new cycle will take place on a new “Winter Wonderland” course featuring slippery ice, frosty snow and avalanches. New stunts will include Spanker Sleds, the Wipeout Ski Lift and the Polar Bear Run. ABC has kept Wipeout in the summer with the exception of a Super Bowl special that aired during half-time in 2008. But with the network’s new scripted series underperforming, new boss Paul Lee is clearly looking for reinforcements for midseason.
ABC Picks Up Winter Edition Of 'Wipeout'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- NBCUni Consolidates USA & Syfy In New Network Group Led By Chris McCumber, Syfy’s Dave Howe Segues To New Post, Bill McGoldrick…
- ‘Star Trek’ TV Series: Bryan Fuller To Serve As Showrunner
- Sundance’s ‘Other People’ Breakout JJ Totah Inks With WME
- Bill Cosby Wins Dismissal Of Janice Dickinson’s Amended Defamation Complaint; Marty Singer Dropped From Case
- Amy Poehler/Charlie Grandy NBC Comedy Pilot Casts Nico Evers-Swindell, Tim Baltz
- Nina Lederman Joins All3Media America As Head Of Scripted Programming