ABC has ordered a new cycle of its summer reality series Wipeout for midseason. ABC already renewed the show for next summer in August, so the winter run will be in addition to the summer one, bringing the total Season 4 order to 24 episodes. Set to premiere in January, the new cycle will take place on a new “Winter Wonderland” course featuring slippery ice, frosty snow and avalanches. New stunts will include Spanker Sleds, the Wipeout Ski Lift and the Polar Bear Run. ABC has kept Wipeout in the summer with the exception of a Super Bowl special that aired during half-time in 2008. But with the network’s new scripted series underperforming, new boss Paul Lee is clearly looking for reinforcements for midseason.
ABC Picks Up Winter Edition Of 'Wipeout'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' Takes Warner Bros Past $1B; 'Girls Trip' Record Opening For Malcolm D. Lee; Reasons Why 'Valerian' Crashed
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Makes An Impressively Demented Comic-Con Debut
- 'Doctor Who' Treats Hall H To Teaser For Christmas Special, Peter Capaldi & Pearl Mackie Farewell –Comic-Con
- ‘Dirk Gently’ Serves Up Clip-Heavy Panel In Hall H – Comic-Con
- ‘The Last Ship’ Season 4 Trailer Unveiled At Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Departing ‘Doctor Who’ Showrunner On Peter Capaldi, Jodie Whittaker, More ‘Sherlock’ & ‘Dracula…
- Where Are Next ‘Game Of Thrones’ & ‘Ready Player One’? Future Franchise Candidates