ABC has ordered a new cycle of its summer reality series Wipeout for midseason. ABC already renewed the show for next summer in August, so the winter run will be in addition to the summer one, bringing the total Season 4 order to 24 episodes. Set to premiere in January, the new cycle will take place on a new “Winter Wonderland” course featuring slippery ice, frosty snow and avalanches. New stunts will include Spanker Sleds, the Wipeout Ski Lift and the Polar Bear Run. ABC has kept Wipeout in the summer with the exception of a Super Bowl special that aired during half-time in 2008. But with the network’s new scripted series underperforming, new boss Paul Lee is clearly looking for reinforcements for midseason.
ABC Picks Up Winter Edition Of 'Wipeout'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate