ABC has ordered a new cycle of its summer reality series Wipeout for midseason. ABC already renewed the show for next summer in August, so the winter run will be in addition to the summer one, bringing the total Season 4 order to 24 episodes. Set to premiere in January, the new cycle will take place on a new “Winter Wonderland” course featuring slippery ice, frosty snow and avalanches. New stunts will include Spanker Sleds, the Wipeout Ski Lift and the Polar Bear Run. ABC has kept Wipeout in the summer with the exception of a Super Bowl special that aired during half-time in 2008. But with the network’s new scripted series underperforming, new boss Paul Lee is clearly looking for reinforcements for midseason.
ABC Picks Up Winter Edition Of 'Wipeout'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sylvester Stallone & Antoine Fuqua Plot TV Series 'Omerta,' 'The Godfather' Author Mario Puzo's Last Novel
Latest TV News
- Stephen Root Cast In Bill Hader's HBO Comedy Pilot ‘Barry’
- Tanya Hart & Robert Papazian Elected Co-Chairs Of The Caucus
- Why Did Comcast Buy DreamWorks Animation? Because It Can
- John Boehner Calls Ted Cruz “Lucifer” And “Miserable Son Of A Bitch”; TV News Feasts
- Sara Ramirez’s Cryptic Tweet Fuels Speculation Over Her ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Future
- Peter Bart: Tech Titans Aim To Disrupt Ad Biz Right Before Our Eyes