EXCLUSIVE: Another Israeli format is making a splash in the U.S. ABC just gave a put pilot commitment with penalty to half-hour comedy Tall and Greenbaum, with Rob Greenberg on board to write and Sony Pictures TV to produce. Based on the upcoming Israeli series of the same name produced by Ami Amir’s Matar Prods., Tall and Greenbaum is an odd couple comedy that follows two best friends (nicknamed “Tall” and “Greenbaum”) who own a small production company for filming weddings, bar mitzvahs and other family celebrations. Greenbaum, who is an aspiring film director, and Tall, who keeps cheating on his wife, do their best to juggle their business and complicated personal lives, sometimes with disastrous results. ABC bought the project, which Greenberg and Amir will executive produce, after seeing the pilot episode of the original series slated to launch in Israel next year. Israeli formats have been hot commodity for the past several years with three series based on such formats – HBO’s In Treatment, CBS’ The Ex List and Fox’s upcoming Mixed Signals – making it to air. Additionally, Showtime is in pre-production on Howard Gordon’s drama pilot Homeland, which is also based on an Israeli series. Greenberg is repped by ICM, which also repped Matar in the Tall and Greenbaum deal.
ABC Makes 'Tall' Order To Israeli Format
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Showrunner On Tonight’s Death Of Carl, Lauren Cohan’s Future + More ‘Fear…
- CNN’s Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As “Fantasyland”, Glenn Beck Calls Tapper’s Town Hall “Grotesque”…
- Regan Arts Sells Story Of California’s Leading Abortionist For TV Development
- Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago