EXCLUSIVE: Another Israeli format is making a splash in the U.S. ABC just gave a put pilot commitment with penalty to half-hour comedy Tall and Greenbaum, with Rob Greenberg on board to write and Sony Pictures TV to produce. Based on the upcoming Israeli series of the same name produced by Ami Amir’s Matar Prods., Tall and Greenbaum is an odd couple comedy that follows two best friends (nicknamed “Tall” and “Greenbaum”) who own a small production company for filming weddings, bar mitzvahs and other family celebrations. Greenbaum, who is an aspiring film director, and Tall, who keeps cheating on his wife, do their best to juggle their business and complicated personal lives, sometimes with disastrous results. ABC bought the project, which Greenberg and Amir will executive produce, after seeing the pilot episode of the original series slated to launch in Israel next year. Israeli formats have been hot commodity for the past several years with three series based on such formats – HBO’s In Treatment, CBS’ The Ex List and Fox’s upcoming Mixed Signals – making it to air. Additionally, Showtime is in pre-production on Howard Gordon’s drama pilot Homeland, which is also based on an Israeli series. Greenberg is repped by ICM, which also repped Matar in the Tall and Greenbaum deal.
ABC Makes 'Tall' Order To Israeli Format
What's Hot on Deadline
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest TV News
- ‘Cristela’ Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens ‘Possible Goodbye’ Letter To Fans, Addresses Show’s Potential End…
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'
- ‘Late Show’ Warmup At Tribeca? Colbert Tells Lucas “I’m Not The Guy To Take Over For Jon Stewart”…