EXCLUSIVE: Another Israeli format is making a splash in the U.S. ABC just gave a put pilot commitment with penalty to half-hour comedy Tall and Greenbaum, with Rob Greenberg on board to write and Sony Pictures TV to produce. Based on the upcoming Israeli series of the same name produced by Ami Amir’s Matar Prods., Tall and Greenbaum is an odd couple comedy that follows two best friends (nicknamed “Tall” and “Greenbaum”) who own a small production company for filming weddings, bar mitzvahs and other family celebrations. Greenbaum, who is an aspiring film director, and Tall, who keeps cheating on his wife, do their best to juggle their business and complicated personal lives, sometimes with disastrous results. ABC bought the project, which Greenberg and Amir will executive produce, after seeing the pilot episode of the original series slated to launch in Israel next year. Israeli formats have been hot commodity for the past several years with three series based on such formats – HBO’s In Treatment, CBS’ The Ex List and Fox’s upcoming Mixed Signals – making it to air. Additionally, Showtime is in pre-production on Howard Gordon’s drama pilot Homeland, which is also based on an Israeli series. Greenberg is repped by ICM, which also repped Matar in the Tall and Greenbaum deal.
ABC Makes 'Tall' Order To Israeli Format
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest TV News
- Telemundo Responds To SAG-AFTRA’s Accusation Of Censorship For Not Airing Ad Critical Of NBCUniversal
- ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ Including The Oscars – With A Little Help From Pete Hammond
- AT&T, HBO Ink All-Platform Content Deal; Programming Set For OTT Service
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Donald Trump’s Doctor Explains “Astonishingly Healthy” Medical Record To NBC News
- NBC Buys Modern-Day Noah’s Ark Drama Produced By Robert Zemeckis