EXCLUSIVE: Another Israeli format is making a splash in the U.S. ABC just gave a put pilot commitment with penalty to half-hour comedy Tall and Greenbaum, with Rob Greenberg on board to write and Sony Pictures TV to produce. Based on the upcoming Israeli series of the same name produced by Ami Amir’s Matar Prods., Tall and Greenbaum is an odd couple comedy that follows two best friends (nicknamed “Tall” and “Greenbaum”) who own a small production company for filming weddings, bar mitzvahs and other family celebrations. Greenbaum, who is an aspiring film director, and Tall, who keeps cheating on his wife, do their best to juggle their business and complicated personal lives, sometimes with disastrous results. ABC bought the project, which Greenberg and Amir will executive produce, after seeing the pilot episode of the original series slated to launch in Israel next year. Israeli formats have been hot commodity for the past several years with three series based on such formats – HBO’s In Treatment, CBS’ The Ex List and Fox’s upcoming Mixed Signals – making it to air. Additionally, Showtime is in pre-production on Howard Gordon’s drama pilot Homeland, which is also based on an Israeli series. Greenberg is repped by ICM, which also repped Matar in the Tall and Greenbaum deal.
ABC Makes 'Tall' Order To Israeli Format
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits After Plot Twist On CMT Country Music Drama Series
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?