ABC is pulling the plug on freshman drama My Generation after 2 low-rated airings. This is the second casualty of the season following the recent cancellation of Fox’s Lone Star, also after 2 episodes. Production on the series, from sibling ABC Studios, has been halted. ABC will announce shortly what will air in the Thursday 8 PM slot starting next week. Like Lone Star, My Generation was a different and ambitious series and, like Lone Star, it had big marketing muscle put behind its launch. But neither of the two shows really connected with viewers. Last night, My Generation, a docu-style series tracking former high-school classmates, drew a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demo. That was a whopping 31% down from the show’s underwhelming premiere number. Not much blame to go around on this one – former ABC chief Steve McPherson who presented My Generation at the network’s upfront presentation as one of his two favorite new ABC dramas (along with No Ordinary Family), is long gone. And new ABC president Paul Lee recently let go of ABC Marketing co-head Mike Benson, who had been involved in the My Generation campaign. As for ABC’s other struggling new drama, The Whole Truth, the network is expected to give the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced legal drama more time.
ABC Cancels New Drama 'My Generation'
What's Hot on Deadline
How 'Pirates' & 'Baywatch' Are Casualties Of Summer Franchise Fatigue At The Domestic B.O. — Monday AM
Cannes: 'The Square' Takes Palme D'Or; Sofia Coppola Best Director; Acting Honors For Joaquin Phoenix & Diane Kruger
With 'Empire' And 'Star,' Lee Daniels Continues To Tell The Untold Stories Of The Marginalized — Deadline Disruptors
Latest TV News
- Tiger Woods Arrested On DUI Charge In Florida
- Nina Diaz On VH1’s Unscripted Plans As Net Hits Milestone With ‘T.I. & Tiny’ Finale
- Netflix Sets First Turkish Series; Ex-Studiocanal Chief Joins French Gov’t – Global Briefs
- Leah Remini Is The Thorn In Scientology’s Side — Deadline Disruptors
- Donald Trump Comes Home, Fires Up Twitter, Rips Media & New Normal Resumes
- With ‘Empire’ And ‘Star,’ Lee Daniels Continues To Tell The Untold Stories Of The Marginalized…