ABC is pulling the plug on freshman drama My Generation after 2 low-rated airings. This is the second casualty of the season following the recent cancellation of Fox’s Lone Star, also after 2 episodes. Production on the series, from sibling ABC Studios, has been halted. ABC will announce shortly what will air in the Thursday 8 PM slot starting next week. Like Lone Star, My Generation was a different and ambitious series and, like Lone Star, it had big marketing muscle put behind its launch. But neither of the two shows really connected with viewers. Last night, My Generation, a docu-style series tracking former high-school classmates, drew a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demo. That was a whopping 31% down from the show’s underwhelming premiere number. Not much blame to go around on this one – former ABC chief Steve McPherson who presented My Generation at the network’s upfront presentation as one of his two favorite new ABC dramas (along with No Ordinary Family), is long gone. And new ABC president Paul Lee recently let go of ABC Marketing co-head Mike Benson, who had been involved in the My Generation campaign. As for ABC’s other struggling new drama, The Whole Truth, the network is expected to give the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced legal drama more time.
ABC Cancels New Drama 'My Generation'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks