EXCLUSIVE FROM TORONTO: William H. Macy has just committed to star in Freaky Deaky, the adaptation of the Elmore Leonard crime novel about 60s radicals who use their skills for blowing stuff up for entrepreneurial purposes in the 70s. Charlie Matthau wrote the script and is directing. Macy will play Woody Ricks, an alcoholic millionaire with a passion for show tunes, showgirls and a knack for avoiding getting blown up. Myriad Pictures is at Toronto selling foreign territories, and Tom Ortenberg will shop domestic for a picture that will begin production next year. (Elmore Leonard On Why ‘Freaky Deaky’ Is Finally Getting Made) Macy’s latest film Dirty Girl sold in a rapid deal worth north of $3 million to The Weinstein Co last night hours after its Toronto Film Festival debut.
William H. Macy Getting'Freaky Deaky'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cecily Strong Struggles To Follow Obama And Anger Translator Luther At White House Correspondents Dinner
Latest TV News
- Peter Hoffman “Stunned” By Guilty Verdict In Louisiana Tax Fraud Trial – Updated
- Viola Davis To Star In Harriet Tubman HBO Movie From Kirk Ellis, Doug Ellin & Amblin
- Bruce Jenner Interview Hits 17.1M In Final ‘20/20’ Viewership Results – Update
- ‘Unauthorized Full House’ Movie In The Works At Lifetime
- Ellen Pompeo On Patrick Dempsey’s ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Exit — How Meredith Will Go On
- ‘Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown’ Ratings Steady With 2014, ‘High Profits’ Fizzles In Week 2