EXCLUSIVE FROM TORONTO: William H. Macy has just committed to star in Freaky Deaky, the adaptation of the Elmore Leonard crime novel about 60s radicals who use their skills for blowing stuff up for entrepreneurial purposes in the 70s. Charlie Matthau wrote the script and is directing. Macy will play Woody Ricks, an alcoholic millionaire with a passion for show tunes, showgirls and a knack for avoiding getting blown up. Myriad Pictures is at Toronto selling foreign territories, and Tom Ortenberg will shop domestic for a picture that will begin production next year. (Elmore Leonard On Why ‘Freaky Deaky’ Is Finally Getting Made) Macy’s latest film Dirty Girl sold in a rapid deal worth north of $3 million to The Weinstein Co last night hours after its Toronto Film Festival debut.
William H. Macy Getting'Freaky Deaky'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'The Killer' Movie: Alex Holmes Set To Adapt For Pierre Morel, Studiocanal
- After Moving Slow As Corpse, 'Zombieland 2′ Gets Writer And Urgency
- Is the Movie Business Healthy Or Hurting? Deadline's Fleming and Busch Duke It Out In DeadlineNow Video
- Dylan Sellers Exits President Post at TWC
- Dennis Quaid Joins Dan Rather-George W. Bush Scandal Pic 'Truth'
- Quvenzhane Wallis To Star In Bestseller 'Counting By 7s'