EXCLUSIVE FROM TORONTO: William H. Macy has just committed to star in Freaky Deaky, the adaptation of the Elmore Leonard crime novel about 60s radicals who use their skills for blowing stuff up for entrepreneurial purposes in the 70s. Charlie Matthau wrote the script and is directing. Macy will play Woody Ricks, an alcoholic millionaire with a passion for show tunes, showgirls and a knack for avoiding getting blown up. Myriad Pictures is at Toronto selling foreign territories, and Tom Ortenberg will shop domestic for a picture that will begin production next year. (Elmore Leonard On Why ‘Freaky Deaky’ Is Finally Getting Made) Macy’s latest film Dirty Girl sold in a rapid deal worth north of $3 million to The Weinstein Co last night hours after its Toronto Film Festival debut.
William H. Macy Getting'Freaky Deaky'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
Latest TV News
- Camera Operator Mark Milsome Dies Filming Stunt On BBC/Netflix Drama
- New Yorker Cover Revisits Sexual Harassment At Thanksgiving Day Parade
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Surge As Eagles Claw Cowboys; Trump Says NFL Should “Suspend”…
- ‘Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams’: Amazon Sets January Premiere
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 4 Gets Netflix U.S. Release Date
- ProSiebenSat.1 Hunts CEO; EuropaCorp Sells French TV Unit; ‘Falco’ Remade In Lat Am; Time Scores UK Show…