EXCLUSIVE FROM TORONTO: William H. Macy has just committed to star in Freaky Deaky, the adaptation of the Elmore Leonard crime novel about 60s radicals who use their skills for blowing stuff up for entrepreneurial purposes in the 70s. Charlie Matthau wrote the script and is directing. Macy will play Woody Ricks, an alcoholic millionaire with a passion for show tunes, showgirls and a knack for avoiding getting blown up. Myriad Pictures is at Toronto selling foreign territories, and Tom Ortenberg will shop domestic for a picture that will begin production next year. (Elmore Leonard On Why ‘Freaky Deaky’ Is Finally Getting Made) Macy’s latest film Dirty Girl sold in a rapid deal worth north of $3 million to The Weinstein Co last night hours after its Toronto Film Festival debut.
William H. Macy Getting'Freaky Deaky'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
'Dunkirk' Takes Warner Bros Past $1B; 'Girls Trip' Record Opening For Malcolm D. Lee; Reasons Why 'Valerian' Crashed
Latest TV News
- Lily Rabe & Enrique Murciano To Star In TNT Pilot ‘Deadlier Than The Male’
- Korean Broadcasters Introduce Kocowa To Stream K-Wave Entertainment
- Jared Kushner Unveils “I Did Not Collude” Doctrine In Advance Of Not-Under-Oath Senate Intel Committee Meeting
- Michael Phelps’ Race With A Shark (Or Not) Draws Some Viewer Ire
- ‘Alias Grace’ Teaser: First Look At Sarah Gadon As Convicted Murderer Grace Marks In Netflix/CBC Miniseries
- Miss America Pageant Brings Back Chris Harrison & Sage Steele To Host 2018 Edition