EXCLUSIVE FROM TORONTO: William H. Macy has just committed to star in Freaky Deaky, the adaptation of the Elmore Leonard crime novel about 60s radicals who use their skills for blowing stuff up for entrepreneurial purposes in the 70s. Charlie Matthau wrote the script and is directing. Macy will play Woody Ricks, an alcoholic millionaire with a passion for show tunes, showgirls and a knack for avoiding getting blown up. Myriad Pictures is at Toronto selling foreign territories, and Tom Ortenberg will shop domestic for a picture that will begin production next year. (Elmore Leonard On Why ‘Freaky Deaky’ Is Finally Getting Made) Macy’s latest film Dirty Girl sold in a rapid deal worth north of $3 million to The Weinstein Co last night hours after its Toronto Film Festival debut.
William H. Macy Getting'Freaky Deaky'
What's Hot on Deadline
Popular Japanese Title 'Attack On Titan' Eyed By Warner Bros. For 'Fantastic Beasts' Producer David Heyman
'Split' And 'xXx' Merge Into Market While 'The Founder' May Get Lost In Heavy Traffic - Box Office Preview
'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials & Series
Latest TV News
- ‘Pitch’ Creator Dan Fogelman “Optimistic” About Season 2 On Fox
- ‘Riverdale’ Review: CW’s Soapy ‘Archie’ Series Is Young-Adult Awesome
- ‘Trial & Error’ Mockumentary Series To Feature New Case Each Season – TCA
- ‘This Is Us’ Upcoming Guest Stars: Katie Couric & Brian Tyree Henry
- Netflix Shares Rise On Surprisingly Strong Q4 Sub Growth
- President Obama Pushes Media To Be “Skeptics” In Dig At Trump During Final Press Conference