EXCLUSIVE FROM TORONTO: William H. Macy has just committed to star in Freaky Deaky, the adaptation of the Elmore Leonard crime novel about 60s radicals who use their skills for blowing stuff up for entrepreneurial purposes in the 70s. Charlie Matthau wrote the script and is directing. Macy will play Woody Ricks, an alcoholic millionaire with a passion for show tunes, showgirls and a knack for avoiding getting blown up. Myriad Pictures is at Toronto selling foreign territories, and Tom Ortenberg will shop domestic for a picture that will begin production next year. (Elmore Leonard On Why ‘Freaky Deaky’ Is Finally Getting Made) Macy’s latest film Dirty Girl sold in a rapid deal worth north of $3 million to The Weinstein Co last night hours after its Toronto Film Festival debut.
William H. Macy Getting'Freaky Deaky'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
ABC Pulls 'The Great American Baking Show' & Axes Judge Johnny Iuzzini Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Latest TV News
- Par TV & Anonymous Content Ink First-Look Deal With Condé Nast Entertainment
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers
- ‘NCIS: New Orleans’ Showrunner Brad Kern Investigated Twice For Misconduct
- Disney-Fox Deal: Shares Of Both Companies Rise As Wall Street Embraces Plan
- ‘Arrow’, The Flash’, Supergirl’, ‘Black Lightning’ & More Head To Nation’s Capital For MLK…
- FBC To Stick With Entertainment Shows, Disney To Lease Fox Digs, Big Severance Packages Offered: Merger Fallout Updates