EXCLUSIVE FROM TORONTO: William H. Macy has just committed to star in Freaky Deaky, the adaptation of the Elmore Leonard crime novel about 60s radicals who use their skills for blowing stuff up for entrepreneurial purposes in the 70s. Charlie Matthau wrote the script and is directing. Macy will play Woody Ricks, an alcoholic millionaire with a passion for show tunes, showgirls and a knack for avoiding getting blown up. Myriad Pictures is at Toronto selling foreign territories, and Tom Ortenberg will shop domestic for a picture that will begin production next year. (Elmore Leonard On Why ‘Freaky Deaky’ Is Finally Getting Made) Macy’s latest film Dirty Girl sold in a rapid deal worth north of $3 million to The Weinstein Co last night hours after its Toronto Film Festival debut.
William H. Macy Getting'Freaky Deaky'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pawn Stars' Regular Austin 'Chumlee' Russell Will Plead Guilty To Drug Charge, Avoid Jail Time - Update
Latest TV News
- Catalyst Options YA Fantasy Novel ‘Cuckoo Song’ For Event Mini – Edinburgh
- ‘Ordeal By Innocence’ To Kick Off Multi-Year Agatha Christie/BBC One Pact – Edinburgh
- Jack Thorne, David Farr, Kelly Marcel Join Writing Team On ‘Electric Dreams: The World Of Philip K Dick…
- Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe
- James Corden Teases Britney Spears’ Carpool Karaoke
- Viacom’s Longtime PR Chief Carl Folta Exits