EXCLUSIVE FROM TORONTO: William H. Macy has just committed to star in Freaky Deaky, the adaptation of the Elmore Leonard crime novel about 60s radicals who use their skills for blowing stuff up for entrepreneurial purposes in the 70s. Charlie Matthau wrote the script and is directing. Macy will play Woody Ricks, an alcoholic millionaire with a passion for show tunes, showgirls and a knack for avoiding getting blown up. Myriad Pictures is at Toronto selling foreign territories, and Tom Ortenberg will shop domestic for a picture that will begin production next year. (Elmore Leonard On Why ‘Freaky Deaky’ Is Finally Getting Made) Macy’s latest film Dirty Girl sold in a rapid deal worth north of $3 million to The Weinstein Co last night hours after its Toronto Film Festival debut.
William H. Macy Getting'Freaky Deaky'
What's Hot on Deadline
'It' Becoming Biggest Horror Pic Ever Beating 'The Exorcist'; 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $100M+
Latest TV News
- ‘Bojack Horseman’ Renewed For Season 5 At Netflix
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Finale Ratings Hit 6-Year High, ‘MasterChef’ Down From 2016, ‘Big…
- Jeff Sagansky & Aaron Kaplan Partner On Mumbai-Based Production Company Targeting Indian OTT Market
- ‘Billy On The Street’ Leaving TruTV After Two Years
- ‘South Park’ Tells Tweeter-In-Chief: Just “Put It Down”
- ‘The Great American Baking Show’ Returning To ABC With Ayesha Curry & Anthony Adams As Hosts