EXCLUSIVE FROM TORONTO: William H. Macy has just committed to star in Freaky Deaky, the adaptation of the Elmore Leonard crime novel about 60s radicals who use their skills for blowing stuff up for entrepreneurial purposes in the 70s. Charlie Matthau wrote the script and is directing. Macy will play Woody Ricks, an alcoholic millionaire with a passion for show tunes, showgirls and a knack for avoiding getting blown up. Myriad Pictures is at Toronto selling foreign territories, and Tom Ortenberg will shop domestic for a picture that will begin production next year. (Elmore Leonard On Why ‘Freaky Deaky’ Is Finally Getting Made) Macy’s latest film Dirty Girl sold in a rapid deal worth north of $3 million to The Weinstein Co last night hours after its Toronto Film Festival debut.
William H. Macy Getting'Freaky Deaky'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Dice’: Trailer & Release Date For Showtime’s Andrew Dice Clay Comedy — Oh!
- ‘Chicago P.D.’ & ‘SVU’ Ratings Rise With Crossover; ‘Idol’ Dips Again, ‘Arrow…
- Fox And Dish Network Resolve Ad-Skip Dispute, Agreeing To 7-Day Delay
- ‘Flaked’ Trailer: Will Arnett Tries To Be A Better Person In Netflix Comedy – First Look
- Shawn Ashmore Joins ABC’s ‘Conviction’
- Scott Wilson Joins ‘The OA’ Drama Series On Netflix