EXCLUSIVE FROM TORONTO: William H. Macy has just committed to star in Freaky Deaky, the adaptation of the Elmore Leonard crime novel about 60s radicals who use their skills for blowing stuff up for entrepreneurial purposes in the 70s. Charlie Matthau wrote the script and is directing. Macy will play Woody Ricks, an alcoholic millionaire with a passion for show tunes, showgirls and a knack for avoiding getting blown up. Myriad Pictures is at Toronto selling foreign territories, and Tom Ortenberg will shop domestic for a picture that will begin production next year. (Elmore Leonard On Why ‘Freaky Deaky’ Is Finally Getting Made) Macy’s latest film Dirty Girl sold in a rapid deal worth north of $3 million to The Weinstein Co last night hours after its Toronto Film Festival debut.
William H. Macy Getting'Freaky Deaky'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest TV News
- Actors’ Equity Re-Elects Kate Shindle As President
- ‘Floribama Shore’ Gets Season 2 Premiere Date On MTV; First Teaser
- TV Talk Podcast: No Nicole Kidman Or Jessica Lange Leaves Best Actress Limited Series Wide Open For Emmys
- TV Series Based On Japan’s Rent-A-Relative Business In Works At Anonymous Content, Paramount TV & Condé Nast
- ‘Claws’ Showrunner Janine Sherman Barrois Inks New Overall Deal With WBTV
- ‘Hair’ Will Be NBC’s 2019 Spring Musical; Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Producing