EXCLUSIVE UPDATED: Law & Order: Los Angeles co-star Wanda De Jesus is exiting the upcoming NBC series. De Jesus filmed two episodes of the Law & Order spinoff playing Lieutenant Arleen Gonzales, the cool and authoritative captain of the LAPD Robbery Homicide Division. I hear that after two episodes, the producers on the Wolf Films/UMS procedural decided to take the role in a different direction. (The character already had been tweaked once, having originally been written as a male.) De Jesus’ scenes will be reshot, and meetings are underway with potential replacements. Series regularly do recastings after the pilot. Since LOLA went straight to series, the show’s producers have to make adjustments as they go. NBC is said to be interested in possibly casting De Jesus, who is the significant other of Jimmy Smits, star of NBC’s new fall series Outlaw, in another project. LOLA stars Skeet Ulrich, Corey Stoll, Alfred Molina, Terrence Howard, Megan Boone and Regina Hall.
Wanda De Jesus Departs 'Law & Order: LA'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
Latest TV News
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Producer Sued After Tyra Banks “Physically Manipulated” Young Girl
- ‘The Last Ship’ Season 4 Gets August Premiere Date On TNT
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Creative Team Talks Going Beyond The Book – The Contenders Emmys Video
- Laura Bell Bundy Joins ‘Good Behavior’; ‘Zoo’ Casts Delon de Metz
- NBC Wins 2016-17 Season In Ratings Demo; CBS Takes Total Viewers
- Sean Hannity Still Shilling DNC Staffer Murder Story As Fox News Retracts