EXCLUSIVE UPDATED: Law & Order: Los Angeles co-star Wanda De Jesus is exiting the upcoming NBC series. De Jesus filmed two episodes of the Law & Order spinoff playing Lieutenant Arleen Gonzales, the cool and authoritative captain of the LAPD Robbery Homicide Division. I hear that after two episodes, the producers on the Wolf Films/UMS procedural decided to take the role in a different direction. (The character already had been tweaked once, having originally been written as a male.) De Jesus’ scenes will be reshot, and meetings are underway with potential replacements. Series regularly do recastings after the pilot. Since LOLA went straight to series, the show’s producers have to make adjustments as they go. NBC is said to be interested in possibly casting De Jesus, who is the significant other of Jimmy Smits, star of NBC’s new fall series Outlaw, in another project. LOLA stars Skeet Ulrich, Corey Stoll, Alfred Molina, Terrence Howard, Megan Boone and Regina Hall.
Wanda De Jesus Departs 'Law & Order: LA'
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Andreeva
- Matthew Glave Cast In NBA Pilot, Gia Mantegna In ‘Cheerleader Death Squad’
- Kim Raver To Topline ABC Drama Pilot ‘The Advocate’
- Briga Heelan To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘How We Live’
- Dave Annable & Melissa George Cast In NBC Pilot ‘Heart Matters’
- Daniel Stern To Star In ‘Strange Calls'; Colm Feore Joins ‘The Kingmakers’
- Patrick Warburton To Star In Suzanne Martin NBC Comedy Pilot