EXCLUSIVE UPDATED: Law & Order: Los Angeles co-star Wanda De Jesus is exiting the upcoming NBC series. De Jesus filmed two episodes of the Law & Order spinoff playing Lieutenant Arleen Gonzales, the cool and authoritative captain of the LAPD Robbery Homicide Division. I hear that after two episodes, the producers on the Wolf Films/UMS procedural decided to take the role in a different direction. (The character already had been tweaked once, having originally been written as a male.) De Jesus’ scenes will be reshot, and meetings are underway with potential replacements. Series regularly do recastings after the pilot. Since LOLA went straight to series, the show’s producers have to make adjustments as they go. NBC is said to be interested in possibly casting De Jesus, who is the significant other of Jimmy Smits, star of NBC’s new fall series Outlaw, in another project. LOLA stars Skeet Ulrich, Corey Stoll, Alfred Molina, Terrence Howard, Megan Boone and Regina Hall.
Wanda De Jesus Departs 'Law & Order: LA'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Andreeva
- Chris Long Inks Warner Bros. TV Deal
- CBS Buys Genius Comedy From Michelle Morgan & Aaron Kaplan
- 2014 Primetime Emmy Awards Party List
- Aaron Paul Starts Production Company, Inks First-Look Deal With Sony TV
- 'Wizard Of Oz'-Themed Series 'Emerald City' Not Going Forward At NBC
- 'Bates Motel's Freddie Highmore & Kerry Ehrin Sell Romantic Comedy To NBC