EXCLUSIVE UPDATED: Law & Order: Los Angeles co-star Wanda De Jesus is exiting the upcoming NBC series. De Jesus filmed two episodes of the Law & Order spinoff playing Lieutenant Arleen Gonzales, the cool and authoritative captain of the LAPD Robbery Homicide Division. I hear that after two episodes, the producers on the Wolf Films/UMS procedural decided to take the role in a different direction. (The character already had been tweaked once, having originally been written as a male.) De Jesus’ scenes will be reshot, and meetings are underway with potential replacements. Series regularly do recastings after the pilot. Since LOLA went straight to series, the show’s producers have to make adjustments as they go. NBC is said to be interested in possibly casting De Jesus, who is the significant other of Jimmy Smits, star of NBC’s new fall series Outlaw, in another project. LOLA stars Skeet Ulrich, Corey Stoll, Alfred Molina, Terrence Howard, Megan Boone and Regina Hall.
Wanda De Jesus Departs 'Law & Order: LA'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' Takes Warner Bros Past $1B; 'Girls Trip' Record Opening For Malcolm D. Lee; Reasons Why 'Valerian' Crashed
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
Latest TV News
- Comic-Con: Departing ‘Doctor Who’ Showrunner On Peter Capaldi, Jodie Whittaker, More ‘Sherlock’ & ‘Dracula…
- ‘Supernatural’: Legendary Band Kansas Makes Surprise Appearance At Hall H, Cast Talks Lucky Season 13…
- ‘Wayward Sisters’: The CW Spinoff Adds ‘Supernatural’ Trio & Newcomer To Cast
- Female BBC Staffers Tell Boss To Close Gender Pay Gap Now In Open Letter
- Comic-Con: ‘The Expanse’ Taps ‘Lost’ Alum Elizabeth Mitchell For Recurring Role, Unveils New Trailer
- Los Angeles Area Emmys: KCET Leads Field; Spanish-Language Outlets Close Behind