EXCLUSIVE UPDATED: Law & Order: Los Angeles co-star Wanda De Jesus is exiting the upcoming NBC series. De Jesus filmed two episodes of the Law & Order spinoff playing Lieutenant Arleen Gonzales, the cool and authoritative captain of the LAPD Robbery Homicide Division. I hear that after two episodes, the producers on the Wolf Films/UMS procedural decided to take the role in a different direction. (The character already had been tweaked once, having originally been written as a male.) De Jesus’ scenes will be reshot, and meetings are underway with potential replacements. Series regularly do recastings after the pilot. Since LOLA went straight to series, the show’s producers have to make adjustments as they go. NBC is said to be interested in possibly casting De Jesus, who is the significant other of Jimmy Smits, star of NBC’s new fall series Outlaw, in another project. LOLA stars Skeet Ulrich, Corey Stoll, Alfred Molina, Terrence Howard, Megan Boone and Regina Hall.
Wanda De Jesus Departs 'Law & Order: LA'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Damon & George Clooney Tell 'GMA' They Knew Harvey Weinstein Was An "A**hole" But Not A Sexual Predator
Latest TV News
- Fox Buys Family Comedy From Peter Tolan, John Ross Bowie & Kevin Sussman
- 'Get Shorty' Showrunner Davey Holmes Inks Overall Deal With MGM TV, Sets Hunter S. Thompson Series
- ‘Ray Donovan’ Renewed For Season 6 By Showtime; Moves To NYC
- Weinstein Company Hit With Subpoena From NY AG Over Sexual Harassment Claims
- ‘The Voice’: Kelly Clarkson To Serve As Adviser For Knockout Rounds
- Conan’s Apollo Theater Guests Include Stephen Colbert, Keegan-Michael Key, ‘Daddy’s Home 2’ Cast