EXCLUSIVE UPDATED: Law & Order: Los Angeles co-star Wanda De Jesus is exiting the upcoming NBC series. De Jesus filmed two episodes of the Law & Order spinoff playing Lieutenant Arleen Gonzales, the cool and authoritative captain of the LAPD Robbery Homicide Division. I hear that after two episodes, the producers on the Wolf Films/UMS procedural decided to take the role in a different direction. (The character already had been tweaked once, having originally been written as a male.) De Jesus’ scenes will be reshot, and meetings are underway with potential replacements. Series regularly do recastings after the pilot. Since LOLA went straight to series, the show’s producers have to make adjustments as they go. NBC is said to be interested in possibly casting De Jesus, who is the significant other of Jimmy Smits, star of NBC’s new fall series Outlaw, in another project. LOLA stars Skeet Ulrich, Corey Stoll, Alfred Molina, Terrence Howard, Megan Boone and Regina Hall.
Wanda De Jesus Departs 'Law & Order: LA'
What's Hot on Deadline
'I Feel Pretty' Takes In $1M, 'Super Troopers 2' Tickets Strong $1.35M, 'Traffik' With $225K In Thursday Previews
'Love, Gilda' Director On Meeting Gene Wilder & Why Some Gilda Radner 'SNL' Peers Aren't In The Doc - Tribeca
Al Pacino, Michelle Pfeiffer and Brian De Palma On 'Scarface' F-Bombs, Chainsaw And Origin Story – Tribeca
Latest TV News
- Slate PR Promotes 10 Across Team
- CBS All Access Lands Muhammad Ali Event Series ‘8 Fights’ For Development With Morgan Freeman Producing
- MTV Orders ‘Too Stupid To Die’ Prank Series From Former MTV Chief Van Toffler
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’: Geena Davis Returns To Reprise Dr. Herman Role
- ‘Scandal’ So-Long Builds On Last Year’s Season Wrapper To Dominate 10 PM
- Outgoing ‘Arrow’ Co-Showrunner Wendy Mericle Inks ABC Studios Overall Deal