EXCLUSIVE UPDATED: Law & Order: Los Angeles co-star Wanda De Jesus is exiting the upcoming NBC series. De Jesus filmed two episodes of the Law & Order spinoff playing Lieutenant Arleen Gonzales, the cool and authoritative captain of the LAPD Robbery Homicide Division. I hear that after two episodes, the producers on the Wolf Films/UMS procedural decided to take the role in a different direction. (The character already had been tweaked once, having originally been written as a male.) De Jesus’ scenes will be reshot, and meetings are underway with potential replacements. Series regularly do recastings after the pilot. Since LOLA went straight to series, the show’s producers have to make adjustments as they go. NBC is said to be interested in possibly casting De Jesus, who is the significant other of Jimmy Smits, star of NBC’s new fall series Outlaw, in another project. LOLA stars Skeet Ulrich, Corey Stoll, Alfred Molina, Terrence Howard, Megan Boone and Regina Hall.
Wanda De Jesus Departs 'Law & Order: LA'
What's Hot on Deadline
Natalie Portman, Nicholas Hoult & Thandie Newton Board Xavier Dolan's 'The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan' - Berlin
Amy Schumer Takes Serious Turn In 'Thank You For Your Service;' PTSD Drama By 'American Sniper' Scribe Jason Hall
Latest TV News
- Khloé Kardashian’s ‘Kocktails With Khloé’: FYI Orders More Episodes
- Bernie Sanders Eats Ice Cream, Shoots Hoops On ‘The View’ After Winning New Hampshire
- ‘Agent Carter’ Star Hayley Atwell To Topline ABC Drama Pilot ‘Conviction’
- Art & John Linson Developing 'Lawrence In Arabia' Middle East Drama For HBO
- Time Warner Says HBO Now Has 800K Subs As It Prepares Marketing Push
- ‘Flash’ Ratings Pick Up The Pace, ‘New Girl’ Even With Megan Fox, ‘Grinder’ Rises