EXCLUSIVE UPDATED: Law & Order: Los Angeles co-star Wanda De Jesus is exiting the upcoming NBC series. De Jesus filmed two episodes of the Law & Order spinoff playing Lieutenant Arleen Gonzales, the cool and authoritative captain of the LAPD Robbery Homicide Division. I hear that after two episodes, the producers on the Wolf Films/UMS procedural decided to take the role in a different direction. (The character already had been tweaked once, having originally been written as a male.) De Jesus’ scenes will be reshot, and meetings are underway with potential replacements. Series regularly do recastings after the pilot. Since LOLA went straight to series, the show’s producers have to make adjustments as they go. NBC is said to be interested in possibly casting De Jesus, who is the significant other of Jimmy Smits, star of NBC’s new fall series Outlaw, in another project. LOLA stars Skeet Ulrich, Corey Stoll, Alfred Molina, Terrence Howard, Megan Boone and Regina Hall.
Wanda De Jesus Departs 'Law & Order: LA'
What's Hot on Deadline
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Latest TV News
- ‘Walking Dead’ Companion Series Titled ‘Fear The Walking Dead’
- Disney XD Orders Adventure Comedy Pilot ‘MTX!’
- ‘Happyish’ Gets Preview After ‘Shameless’ Finale On Showtime
- ‘Blunt Talk’ Teaser: First Look At Patrick Stewart As U.S. Cable News Newbie In Starz Comedy
- Katharine McPhee Signs With ICM Partners
- NBC Orders ‘First Dates’ Docu-Reality Series Produced By Ellen DeGeneres