EXCLUSIVE UPDATED: Law & Order: Los Angeles co-star Wanda De Jesus is exiting the upcoming NBC series. De Jesus filmed two episodes of the Law & Order spinoff playing Lieutenant Arleen Gonzales, the cool and authoritative captain of the LAPD Robbery Homicide Division. I hear that after two episodes, the producers on the Wolf Films/UMS procedural decided to take the role in a different direction. (The character already had been tweaked once, having originally been written as a male.) De Jesus’ scenes will be reshot, and meetings are underway with potential replacements. Series regularly do recastings after the pilot. Since LOLA went straight to series, the show’s producers have to make adjustments as they go. NBC is said to be interested in possibly casting De Jesus, who is the significant other of Jimmy Smits, star of NBC’s new fall series Outlaw, in another project. LOLA stars Skeet Ulrich, Corey Stoll, Alfred Molina, Terrence Howard, Megan Boone and Regina Hall.
Wanda De Jesus Departs 'Law & Order: LA'
Trending Now on Deadline
Marvel's 'Jessica Jones': Krysten Ritter, Alexandra Daddario, Teresa Palmer, Marin Ireland, Jessica De Gouw Testing For Lead
More From Andreeva
- Fox Slots 'Glee' Final Season On Friday, Schedules 'Last Man', 'Weird Loners', 'Backstrom' & FailArmy Reality Show
- Iliza Shlesinger To Topline ABC Comedy Produced By Mark Gordon, Cindy Chupack
- 'Sullivan & Son' Cancelled By TBS After Three Seasons
- 'Grandma Dearest' Comedy Spec Lands At ABC, Wrapping Strong Spec Script Season
- 'Global Frequency' Drama Produced By Jerry Bruckheimer Set At Fox With Big Commitment
- Discovery EVP Dolores Gavin & COO Edward Sabin Exit, EVP Denise Contis Expands Role In Restructuring