EXCLUSIVE UPDATED: Law & Order: Los Angeles co-star Wanda De Jesus is exiting the upcoming NBC series. De Jesus filmed two episodes of the Law & Order spinoff playing Lieutenant Arleen Gonzales, the cool and authoritative captain of the LAPD Robbery Homicide Division. I hear that after two episodes, the producers on the Wolf Films/UMS procedural decided to take the role in a different direction. (The character already had been tweaked once, having originally been written as a male.) De Jesus’ scenes will be reshot, and meetings are underway with potential replacements. Series regularly do recastings after the pilot. Since LOLA went straight to series, the show’s producers have to make adjustments as they go. NBC is said to be interested in possibly casting De Jesus, who is the significant other of Jimmy Smits, star of NBC’s new fall series Outlaw, in another project. LOLA stars Skeet Ulrich, Corey Stoll, Alfred Molina, Terrence Howard, Megan Boone and Regina Hall.
Wanda De Jesus Departs 'Law & Order: LA'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Ava DuVernay & Eli Roth Added To PGA’s Produced By Conference
- ‘Wayward Pines’ Ratings Rise, ‘500 Questions’ Down, NBA Playoffs Up For ESPN
- LA Screenings: Which Were The Hot Titles
- ‘Serial Thriller’ Trailer: ID’s First Original Scripted Drama Tracks A Sadistic Killer
- ‘Mad Men’ Series Finale Hits Viewership & 25-54 Highs In Live+3 Results
- CBS’ ‘Supergirl’ Latest Superhero Project To Leak Online