TORONTO: It’s crunch time for deal makers at Toronto. The Four Seasons lobby, crammed since Friday, was empty at lunchtime. Across the street at the Park Hyatt, nobody’s left but the junket crowd. While there are some terrific Toronto-premiered films that are in play, nothing has closed since the 7-figure Sunday deals for Super and Dirty Girl. The closest thing to fresh action so far today is Magnet Releasing capturing North American rights to Chawz, a Korean film about a rampaging killer pig. Let’s hope for an afternoon rally!
TORONTO: Will Any More Deals Close?
What's Hot on Deadline
How Paramount's 'Ghost In The Shell' Hacked 'Mr. Robot's Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media By Storm
Latest TV News
- ‘Dynasty’ Reboot Set At the CW With Josh Schwartz & Stephanie Savage
- Fox Orders Gordon Ramsay Live Food Variety Show ‘The F Word’
- Viacom’s New Directors Will Lead Committee Weighing CBS Deal
- Donald Trump’s Mic Really Did Have Issues, Says Debate Commission
- ‘Criminal Minds’: Damon Gupton Cast As New Regular After Thomas Gibson’s Exit
- ‘Girls’: Lena Dunham, Cast & Crew Say Goodbye As Final Episode Wraps