TORONTO: It’s crunch time for deal makers at Toronto. The Four Seasons lobby, crammed since Friday, was empty at lunchtime. Across the street at the Park Hyatt, nobody’s left but the junket crowd. While there are some terrific Toronto-premiered films that are in play, nothing has closed since the 7-figure Sunday deals for Super and Dirty Girl. The closest thing to fresh action so far today is Magnet Releasing capturing North American rights to Chawz, a Korean film about a rampaging killer pig. Let’s hope for an afternoon rally!
TORONTO: Will Any More Deals Close?
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start
- Voltage Sets John Moore And William Wisher For Pierce Brosnan-Starrer 'I.T.'
- Deadline's Mike Fleming Jr And Kurt Sutter Live-Blog The Emmys
- Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal – Turning Tragedy Into Legacy