TORONTO: It’s crunch time for deal makers at Toronto. The Four Seasons lobby, crammed since Friday, was empty at lunchtime. Across the street at the Park Hyatt, nobody’s left but the junket crowd. While there are some terrific Toronto-premiered films that are in play, nothing has closed since the 7-figure Sunday deals for Super and Dirty Girl. The closest thing to fresh action so far today is Magnet Releasing capturing North American rights to Chawz, a Korean film about a rampaging killer pig. Let’s hope for an afternoon rally!
TORONTO: Will Any More Deals Close?
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Tragic Death On Taiwan Set Of Martin Scorsese-Directed ‘Silence’
- A24 Buying ‘Mississippi Grind’ – Sundance
- Hey, Team Jacob, ‘Twilight Saga’s Taylor Lautner’s Action Career Takes DirectTV Detour: Trailer
- ‘King Arthur’ Scribe Joby Harold And Tory Tunnell Move Safehouse Shingle To Sony
- Penelope Cruz, Diane Kruger To Star In Isabel Coixet-Directed ‘This Man, This Woman’
- Matthew McConaughey In Step With ‘Born To Run’