EXCLUSIVE: I hear TNT tomorrow will announce a 10-episode Season 3 pickup for the Sony TV-produced medical drama starring Jada Pinkett Smith. With The Closer, Rizzoli, Leverage, Memphis Beat and now Hawthorne all getting renewed, the only TNT summer series waiting its fate is Jerry Bruckheimer’s cop drama Dark Blue. While attracting about half of the audience of TNT’s Monday juggernauts The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles, Hawthorne has been a solid performer ratings-wise, with its audience averaging 3.4 million viewers. What’s more, it was used to successfully launch a new series this summer, the off-beat Memphis Beat. The renewal for the quirky cop show starring Jason Lee has been in the works for awhile, so I won’t be surprised if TNT announces the pickups of Hawthorne and Memphis Beat together the way it announced the renewals of its Monday dramas in one release in July. Hawthorne is executive produced by creator John Masius, Pinkett Smith, showrunner Glen Mazzara, Miguel Melendez and Jamie Tarses.
TNT Renews Medical Drama 'Hawthorne'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Suspended Between $55M-$56M; 'The Walk's Hang-Up In Large Format - Sunday B.O. Postmortem
Latest TV News
- France’s TF1 Boards ‘Hitler’ Event Series From ‘Generation War’ Producers – Mipcom
- Mipcom Cancels Red Carpet Following Deadly Rains, Flood In Cannes
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Up In Season Premiere With Miley Cyrus, Hillary Clinton
- Leslie Jones, Miley Cyrus Out-Orgasm Meg Ryan On ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Crude, Rude “Message From Donald & Melania Trump” Launches Season 41 Of ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Barkeep Hillary Clinton Sets ‘Em Up For Laughs On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Premiere