EXCLUSIVE: I hear TNT tomorrow will announce a 10-episode Season 3 pickup for the Sony TV-produced medical drama starring Jada Pinkett Smith. With The Closer, Rizzoli, Leverage, Memphis Beat and now Hawthorne all getting renewed, the only TNT summer series waiting its fate is Jerry Bruckheimer’s cop drama Dark Blue. While attracting about half of the audience of TNT’s Monday juggernauts The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles, Hawthorne has been a solid performer ratings-wise, with its audience averaging 3.4 million viewers. What’s more, it was used to successfully launch a new series this summer, the off-beat Memphis Beat. The renewal for the quirky cop show starring Jason Lee has been in the works for awhile, so I won’t be surprised if TNT announces the pickups of Hawthorne and Memphis Beat together the way it announced the renewals of its Monday dramas in one release in July. Hawthorne is executive produced by creator John Masius, Pinkett Smith, showrunner Glen Mazzara, Miguel Melendez and Jamie Tarses.
TNT Renews Medical Drama 'Hawthorne'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jack Reacher 2' Arm-Wrestling 'Madea' For No. 1; Audiences Aren't 'Keeping Up With The Joneses' - Midday Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Latest TV News
- Ex-State Sen. Ron Calderon Sentenced In Film Incentives Bribe Case
- Donald Trump’s Comedy Crater Caught By 10.3M Viewers On Cable News Networks
- ‘Sneakers’ Hacker Drama Based On Movie In Works At NBC From Walter Parkes, Laurie MacDonald…
- Time Warner Sale To AT&T Shows Distribution, Not Content, Is King
- Fox Nabs ‘Bad Sugar’ Comedy From Sharon Horgan, Patty Breen & Aaron Kaplan
- ‘A Midsummer’s Nightmare’: Daisy Head To Topline Lifetime’s Shakespearean Pilot, Casey Deidrick Set As A…