EXCLUSIVE: I hear TNT tomorrow will announce a 10-episode Season 3 pickup for the Sony TV-produced medical drama starring Jada Pinkett Smith. With The Closer, Rizzoli, Leverage, Memphis Beat and now Hawthorne all getting renewed, the only TNT summer series waiting its fate is Jerry Bruckheimer’s cop drama Dark Blue. While attracting about half of the audience of TNT’s Monday juggernauts The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles, Hawthorne has been a solid performer ratings-wise, with its audience averaging 3.4 million viewers. What’s more, it was used to successfully launch a new series this summer, the off-beat Memphis Beat. The renewal for the quirky cop show starring Jason Lee has been in the works for awhile, so I won’t be surprised if TNT announces the pickups of Hawthorne and Memphis Beat together the way it announced the renewals of its Monday dramas in one release in July. Hawthorne is executive produced by creator John Masius, Pinkett Smith, showrunner Glen Mazzara, Miguel Melendez and Jamie Tarses.
TNT Renews Medical Drama 'Hawthorne'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'True Detective' Co-Stars Taylor Kitsch, Rachel MacAdams, Kelly Reilly Confirmed By HBO For Season 2
- Michael Stahl-David To Topline Drug-Trade Pilot From Jerry Bruckheimer, Michael Bay
- David Dobkin To Direct 'Badlands' AMC Series; Emily Beecham, Sarah Bolger Cast
- BOOM! Studios Sells Dramas 'Deep State' With Howard Gordon & 'The Rinse' To Fox
- Broadcast Straight-To-Series Model Dealt A New Blow With 'Members Only' Demise
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC