EXCLUSIVE: I hear TNT tomorrow will announce a 10-episode Season 3 pickup for the Sony TV-produced medical drama starring Jada Pinkett Smith. With The Closer, Rizzoli, Leverage, Memphis Beat and now Hawthorne all getting renewed, the only TNT summer series waiting its fate is Jerry Bruckheimer’s cop drama Dark Blue. While attracting about half of the audience of TNT’s Monday juggernauts The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles, Hawthorne has been a solid performer ratings-wise, with its audience averaging 3.4 million viewers. What’s more, it was used to successfully launch a new series this summer, the off-beat Memphis Beat. The renewal for the quirky cop show starring Jason Lee has been in the works for awhile, so I won’t be surprised if TNT announces the pickups of Hawthorne and Memphis Beat together the way it announced the renewals of its Monday dramas in one release in July. Hawthorne is executive produced by creator John Masius, Pinkett Smith, showrunner Glen Mazzara, Miguel Melendez and Jamie Tarses.
TNT Renews Medical Drama 'Hawthorne'
What's Hot on Deadline
California Wildfires: Santa Barbara Orders Mandatory Evacuations, Celebrity Homes Threatened— Update
Sex, Drugs, Glamour, Emptiness: Bryan Singer's Teen Ex-Lover Bares All About Life In Director's Orbit
Latest TV News
- Golden Globes: How To Watch Nominations Announcement Live
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Fall Finale Sees (SPOILER) Shocking Upcoming Death
- ‘Outlander’ EP Ronald D. Moore On Tonight’s Finale, Season 4, Golden Globes & Tobias Menzies Return
- Celebrities Praise Keaton Jones: Chris Evans Invites Bullied Boy To ‘Avengers’ Premiere
- Search For New Amazon Studios Boss Underway As Hiring Process Evolves
- NFL Anthem Protests Week 14 – Winners And Losers Emerge In Season-Long Strife