EXCLUSIVE: I hear TNT tomorrow will announce a 10-episode Season 3 pickup for the Sony TV-produced medical drama starring Jada Pinkett Smith. With The Closer, Rizzoli, Leverage, Memphis Beat and now Hawthorne all getting renewed, the only TNT summer series waiting its fate is Jerry Bruckheimer’s cop drama Dark Blue. While attracting about half of the audience of TNT’s Monday juggernauts The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles, Hawthorne has been a solid performer ratings-wise, with its audience averaging 3.4 million viewers. What’s more, it was used to successfully launch a new series this summer, the off-beat Memphis Beat. The renewal for the quirky cop show starring Jason Lee has been in the works for awhile, so I won’t be surprised if TNT announces the pickups of Hawthorne and Memphis Beat together the way it announced the renewals of its Monday dramas in one release in July. Hawthorne is executive produced by creator John Masius, Pinkett Smith, showrunner Glen Mazzara, Miguel Melendez and Jamie Tarses.
TNT Renews Medical Drama 'Hawthorne'
What's Hot on Deadline
Disney ABC TV President Ben Sherwood Talks Industry "Imbalance Of Power," Shonda Rimes' Exit, State Of TV
NY Times Responds To Bill O'Reilly Spokesman's Claims That They "Maliciously Smeared" Ex-Fox News Host — Updated
One America Appeal: Five Former Presidents Gather In Support Of Hurricane Relief, Donald Trump Praises Efforts
Latest TV News
- ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars’ Season 3 Reveals Cast Of Queens
- NY Times Responds To Bill O’Reilly Spokesman’s Claims That They “Maliciously Smeared” Ex-Fox News Host…
- Donald Trump Tells Maria Bartiromo: “I Was So Nice” During Condolence Call
- Fox Knew About Bill O’Reilly’s Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract – Update
- Sophia Bush Explains ‘Chicago P.D.’ Exit: “Left Because I Wanted To”
- ‘Once Upon a Time’ & ‘Marvel’s Inhumans’ Slip To Demo Ratings Lows