EXCLUSIVE: I hear TNT tomorrow will announce a 10-episode Season 3 pickup for the Sony TV-produced medical drama starring Jada Pinkett Smith. With The Closer, Rizzoli, Leverage, Memphis Beat and now Hawthorne all getting renewed, the only TNT summer series waiting its fate is Jerry Bruckheimer’s cop drama Dark Blue. While attracting about half of the audience of TNT’s Monday juggernauts The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles, Hawthorne has been a solid performer ratings-wise, with its audience averaging 3.4 million viewers. What’s more, it was used to successfully launch a new series this summer, the off-beat Memphis Beat. The renewal for the quirky cop show starring Jason Lee has been in the works for awhile, so I won’t be surprised if TNT announces the pickups of Hawthorne and Memphis Beat together the way it announced the renewals of its Monday dramas in one release in July. Hawthorne is executive produced by creator John Masius, Pinkett Smith, showrunner Glen Mazzara, Miguel Melendez and Jamie Tarses.
TNT Renews Medical Drama 'Hawthorne'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' Should Lead Box Office, But Not Ladies Looking For 'Bad Moms' & 'Nerve' - B.O. Preview
Latest TV News
- Hillary Clinton Appears As Giant Talking Head After Shattering Glass “Ceiling” To Wrap DNC Day 2
- Hollywood Reacts To Bill Clinton’s DNC Speech With Praise, Humor & Some Digs
- Madeleine Albright: Donald Trump Already Damaged National Security By Running For President
- ‘NCIS: New Orleans’: Zoe McLellan Won’t Be Back For Season 3
- Bernie Sanders Brought To Tears By Brother’s Vote At Dem Convention
- Lena Dunham And America Fererra String Up Donald Trump For Receptive DNC Crowd