EXCLUSIVE: I hear TNT tomorrow will announce a 10-episode Season 3 pickup for the Sony TV-produced medical drama starring Jada Pinkett Smith. With The Closer, Rizzoli, Leverage, Memphis Beat and now Hawthorne all getting renewed, the only TNT summer series waiting its fate is Jerry Bruckheimer’s cop drama Dark Blue. While attracting about half of the audience of TNT’s Monday juggernauts The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles, Hawthorne has been a solid performer ratings-wise, with its audience averaging 3.4 million viewers. What’s more, it was used to successfully launch a new series this summer, the off-beat Memphis Beat. The renewal for the quirky cop show starring Jason Lee has been in the works for awhile, so I won’t be surprised if TNT announces the pickups of Hawthorne and Memphis Beat together the way it announced the renewals of its Monday dramas in one release in July. Hawthorne is executive produced by creator John Masius, Pinkett Smith, showrunner Glen Mazzara, Miguel Melendez and Jamie Tarses.
TNT Renews Medical Drama 'Hawthorne'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ian Sander & Kim Moses Ink First-Look Deal With 20th TV, Set Biblical Drama At Amazon
- Legal Drama From Jerry Bruckheimer & Rick Eid Gets CBS Put Pilot Commitment
- Kevin Connolly To Star In Fox Fantasy Football Comedy From Matthew Berry
- Diego Luna & Gael García Bernal To Produce Adaptation Of Mexican Series 'Niño Santo' For A&E & Amblin TV
- Mark V. Olsen & Will Scheffer Developing HBO Comedy With French Twist
- TNT Orders Cocaine Trade Drama Pilot From Jerry Bruckheimer, Michael Bay & Michelle Ashford