EXCLUSIVE: I hear TNT tomorrow will announce a 10-episode Season 3 pickup for the Sony TV-produced medical drama starring Jada Pinkett Smith. With The Closer, Rizzoli, Leverage, Memphis Beat and now Hawthorne all getting renewed, the only TNT summer series waiting its fate is Jerry Bruckheimer’s cop drama Dark Blue. While attracting about half of the audience of TNT’s Monday juggernauts The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles, Hawthorne has been a solid performer ratings-wise, with its audience averaging 3.4 million viewers. What’s more, it was used to successfully launch a new series this summer, the off-beat Memphis Beat. The renewal for the quirky cop show starring Jason Lee has been in the works for awhile, so I won’t be surprised if TNT announces the pickups of Hawthorne and Memphis Beat together the way it announced the renewals of its Monday dramas in one release in July. Hawthorne is executive produced by creator John Masius, Pinkett Smith, showrunner Glen Mazzara, Miguel Melendez and Jamie Tarses.
TNT Renews Medical Drama 'Hawthorne'
What's Hot on Deadline
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
'The Expendables 4' Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & 'Rambo 5' Sell To China In Eight-Figure Co-Fi Deal
Mario Batali Under Criminal Investigation By NYPD For Sexual Assault Allegations; B&B HG Sever Ties With Chef - Update
Latest TV News
- Gina Rodriguez And David Thewlis Join Pubescent Animated Comedy ‘Big Mouth’
- Inspiring Dave Annable Post Sheds Light On Agony Of Network Series Recastings
- ‘LA To Vegas’ Comedy Series Canceled By Fox After One Season
- Writer-Director Antonio Campos Signs With WME
- ‘The Expanse’: Amazon In Talks To Pick Up Space Series After Syfy Cancellation
- Felicity Huffman Takes On A New Role: Girl Boss