Indian conglomerate Sahara India Pariwar is reported to be in exploratory talks to buy the debt-hobbled MGM studio for $2 billion, according to the Wall Street Journal. Bloomberg adds that the Broccoli family, owners of the James Bond rights, are aligned. What an endless soap opera. Later, Bloomberg corrected itself to say that Eon disavowed even knowing about the Indian bid.
Latest Twist In MGM Saga Unfolds In India?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' Scares Off 'Jack Reacher' For No. 1 As Saturday Battle Brews; 'Joneses' Opening Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Sat. AM Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Would Nix AT&T’s $85B Acquisition Of Time Warner; Says Such Deals “Destroy Democracy”
- Kevin Meaney Dies: Veteran Comic And Actor Was 60
- Ex-State Sen. Ron Calderon Sentenced In Film Incentives Bribe Case
- Donald Trump’s Comedy Crater Caught By 10.3M Viewers On Cable News Networks
- ‘Sneakers’ Hacker Drama Based On Movie In Works At NBC From Walter Parkes, Laurie MacDonald & Tom Szentgyorgyi
- Time Warner Sale To AT&T Shows Distribution, Not Content, Is King