Well, the shaggy beard and the shades are gone as clean-shaven Joaquin Phoenix returned to the scene of the crime with a stint on the Late Show with David Letterman tonight. (Teaser below.) It’s been 1 1/2 years after his out-of-body appearance that turned out to be an act for the Casey Affleck-directed mockumentary I’m Still Here. In the provided partial transcript, Phoenix denies that Letterman was in on the gag and apologized for duping him. “It was batting practice, you know what I mean? Every one of them was a dinger,” Letterman tells him. Phoenix laughs: “I was looking for a beat down, and I got one.”
TEASER: Joaquin Back On Letterman
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
More From Andreeva
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate
- The Lucas Brothers To Topline & Co-Write Autobiographical Comedy For Fox
- Daniel Wu To Star In AMC Martial Arts Drama Series 'Badlands'
- Hacker Drama 'Mr. Robot' Picked Up To Series By USA