Well, the shaggy beard and the shades are gone as clean-shaven Joaquin Phoenix returned to the scene of the crime with a stint on the Late Show with David Letterman tonight. (Teaser below.) It’s been 1 1/2 years after his out-of-body appearance that turned out to be an act for the Casey Affleck-directed mockumentary I’m Still Here. In the provided partial transcript, Phoenix denies that Letterman was in on the gag and apologized for duping him. “It was batting practice, you know what I mean? Every one of them was a dinger,” Letterman tells him. Phoenix laughs: “I was looking for a beat down, and I got one.”
TEASER: Joaquin Back On Letterman
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox