Film Independent’s 26th Spirit Awards ceremony has been set for Saturday, February 26, 2011. The submission process begins Monday, August 9th. The early deadline is Monday, September 13 and the drop dead deadline is Tuesday, October 5. Submission information is available at SpiritAwards.com. The location is yet to be determined. The move to Saturday gives hope that organizers have come to their senses after last year. Let’s hope they bring the event back to the beach at Santa Monica, and hold it in the afternoon. It has always been one of the most enjoyable stops on Oscar weekend. Until last year, when it was held Friday evening, in a tent in downtown LA. Everything that could go wrong did, including problems with the live TV feed. Just as important, Hollywood players were caught between driving all the way downtown or making the must-attend Oscar parties held by WME’s Ari Emanuel and CAA’s Bryan Lourd.
Film Independent Spirit Awards Set Feb. 26
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'