Film Independent’s 26th Spirit Awards ceremony has been set for Saturday, February 26, 2011. The submission process begins Monday, August 9th. The early deadline is Monday, September 13 and the drop dead deadline is Tuesday, October 5. Submission information is available at SpiritAwards.com. The location is yet to be determined. The move to Saturday gives hope that organizers have come to their senses after last year. Let’s hope they bring the event back to the beach at Santa Monica, and hold it in the afternoon. It has always been one of the most enjoyable stops on Oscar weekend. Until last year, when it was held Friday evening, in a tent in downtown LA. Everything that could go wrong did, including problems with the live TV feed. Just as important, Hollywood players were caught between driving all the way downtown or making the must-attend Oscar parties held by WME’s Ari Emanuel and CAA’s Bryan Lourd.
Film Independent Spirit Awards Set Feb. 26
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- CNN Gun Violence Town Hall Trounces Competition In Early Tally
- ‘Killing Eve’: First Trailer For BBC America Drama Starring Sandra Oh & Jodie Comer
- ‘Safe Harbor’: Josh Randall & Vanessa Vasquez Cast In ABC Drama Pilot
- ‘Harry & Meghan’: Lifetime’s ‘A Royal Romance’ Casts Its Prince William & Catherine…
- Tiffany Haddish Set To Host 2018 MTV Movie & TV Awards
- ‘The Flash’: Candice Patton Suits Up As Superhero For The First Time