Film Independent’s 26th Spirit Awards ceremony has been set for Saturday, February 26, 2011. The submission process begins Monday, August 9th. The early deadline is Monday, September 13 and the drop dead deadline is Tuesday, October 5. Submission information is available at SpiritAwards.com. The location is yet to be determined. The move to Saturday gives hope that organizers have come to their senses after last year. Let’s hope they bring the event back to the beach at Santa Monica, and hold it in the afternoon. It has always been one of the most enjoyable stops on Oscar weekend. Until last year, when it was held Friday evening, in a tent in downtown LA. Everything that could go wrong did, including problems with the live TV feed. Just as important, Hollywood players were caught between driving all the way downtown or making the must-attend Oscar parties held by WME’s Ari Emanuel and CAA’s Bryan Lourd.
Film Independent Spirit Awards Set Feb. 26
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
Latest TV News
- Chuck Schumer Demands House Dump Intel Committee Chair Devin Nunes After White House Deflects Questions
- ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Draws Nearly 1M Viewers In VH1 Debut
- OWN Sets Docuseries ‘Released’ & ‘Checking Inn’ For Saturday Nights This Fall
- Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine’s Show Only Because He Is Fan, “Plain And Simple”
- ‘Arrow’: Katie Cassidy To Return As Black Siren, Will Be Regular In Season 6
- NFL Approves Raiders Move To Las Vegas For 2019 Season