Film Independent’s 26th Spirit Awards ceremony has been set for Saturday, February 26, 2011. The submission process begins Monday, August 9th. The early deadline is Monday, September 13 and the drop dead deadline is Tuesday, October 5. Submission information is available at SpiritAwards.com. The location is yet to be determined. The move to Saturday gives hope that organizers have come to their senses after last year. Let’s hope they bring the event back to the beach at Santa Monica, and hold it in the afternoon. It has always been one of the most enjoyable stops on Oscar weekend. Until last year, when it was held Friday evening, in a tent in downtown LA. Everything that could go wrong did, including problems with the live TV feed. Just as important, Hollywood players were caught between driving all the way downtown or making the must-attend Oscar parties held by WME’s Ari Emanuel and CAA’s Bryan Lourd.
Film Independent Spirit Awards Set Feb. 26
What's Hot on Deadline
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest TV News
- ‘Marvel’s The Defenders’ Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series…
- ‘Vikings’ Gets Trailer & Season Premiere Date – Comic-Con
- Crime Experts On Bellum Entertainment Shows Halt Work Until Back Wages Are Paid
- Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy ‘Saturday Night Live’ Parody “Funny”; Sean Hannity Reminds Him…
- ‘Iron Fist’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix – Comic-Con
- ‘The Punisher’ Drops New Teaser In Hall H – Comic-Con