While there has been a high level of suspense over the acquisitions of pictures shown at Toronto, this wasn’t exactly a cliffhanger. Because it marks the 10th collaboration between Pedro Almodovar and Sony Pictures Classics’ Michael Barker and Tom Bernard who acquired North American rights to his new film The Skin That I Inhabit. The picture, which begins shooting in August, is a gothic tale about a father avenging his daughter’s death, inspired by the Thierry Jonquet novel Mygale. It stars Antonio Banderas, whose breakthrough came in the Almodovar-directed Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down. Banderas stars with Talk to Her stars Elena Anaya and Marisa Paredes.
Sony Classics Gets North American Rights To Almodovar's 'The Skin That I Inhabit'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Bourne' Back At #1 & 'Ice Age' Skates To $300M+, Both With China Assist; 'Pets' Passes $700M WW - Intl Box Office
'Don't Breathe' Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After 'Sausage Party', 'Shallows': Sunday Update
Latest TV News
- Darrell Ward Dies In Plane Crash: ‘Ice Road Truckers’ Driver Was 52
- ‘The Mist’: ‘The Walking Dead’ Helmer David Boyd Boards Spike’s Steven King Adaptation
- ‘Supergirl’, ‘Frequency’, ‘No Tomorrow’ Key Art Unveiled By The CW
- Emmys: TV Academy Draws Up Juried Winners For Animation
- Preseason Football, ’60 Minutes’ & ‘Big Brother’ Score Sunday In Early Stats
- VidAngel Adds Big-Name Lawyers To Fight Studios As Filtered Film Legal Battle Looms