The X Factor boss has allowed one contestant to stay on the show despite knowing she’s a hooker. “We haven’t banned prostitutes,” Cowell said. “If a person applies to The X Factor, it’s obvious they want to do something better with their life.” Nineteen year old Chloe Mafia (real name Chloe Heald) told judges she was jobless, and got through to the boot-camp stage despite audience boos. Tabloid newspapers are currently negotiating five-figure deals with the teenager about her more than 140 arrests. There’s already been scandal after scandal, some about audio enhancements used on the talent show. But, as Cowell knows, there’s no such thing as bad publicity.The X Factor, produced by Cowell’s production company Syco, is pulling in its highest Saturday night ratings of the series so far. The 5th episode of the singing competition peaked with an audience of nearly 13 million on ITV1 and a 52% audience share.
Simon Cowell’s 4th UK ‘X Factor’ Scandal
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
Latest TV News
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ Actress Lana Parrilla Set To Make Directorial Debut For “Chosen” Episode
- ‘The Shannara Chronicles’ Shopped To Other Networks For Season 3
- Rebecca Eaton Explains How To Get BBC To Tackle Quintessentially American ‘Little Women’ – TCA
- ‘The Shannara Chronicles’ Canceled After Two Seasons
- ‘The Assassination Of Gianni Versace’ Review: Tangled Tale Falls Out Of Fashion
- Media Content Wars Will Require Both Scale And Reach; “A Brand Only Gets You So Far” — NATPE