The 36th season premiere of Saturday Night Live last night averaged a 5.6 household rating/13 share in the metered markets, up 15% from last year’s season opener. The debut was also higher than the opening episode in September 2007 but couldn’t match the fall 2008 premiere (7.4/18) boosted by the interest in the presidential campaign and a skit featuring Tina Fey as Sarah Palin. Then-SNL regular Amy Poehler, who played Hillary Clinton in that famous skit, hosted the show last night with Katy Perry as musical guest. Here are videos of Poehler’s cameo-filled monologue featuring Fey, Justin Timberlake, Jimmy Fallon and Rachel Dratch as well as her Really?!? Weekend Update segment with Seth Meyers.
'Saturday Night Live' Premiere Up In Ratings
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: "Country Is Lost", Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be "Deplorable"
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Treats Trump International Hotel Guests To First Look At First Family Walking Inaugural Parade Route
- Kinetic Content Ups Key Development Execs To EVP Roles
- Obama Can’t Stop Speechifying As President Trump Signs First Bill, Forcing TV Networks To Make Choices
- Settlement Reached In Legal Fight Over ‘Star Trek’ Fan Film
- Donald Trump’s FCC Chairman Pick Is Ajit Pai: Report
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner Joins ABC Drama Series ‘Ten Days In The Valley’