The 36th season premiere of Saturday Night Live last night averaged a 5.6 household rating/13 share in the metered markets, up 15% from last year’s season opener. The debut was also higher than the opening episode in September 2007 but couldn’t match the fall 2008 premiere (7.4/18) boosted by the interest in the presidential campaign and a skit featuring Tina Fey as Sarah Palin. Then-SNL regular Amy Poehler, who played Hillary Clinton in that famous skit, hosted the show last night with Katy Perry as musical guest. Here are videos of Poehler’s cameo-filled monologue featuring Fey, Justin Timberlake, Jimmy Fallon and Rachel Dratch as well as her Really?!? Weekend Update segment with Seth Meyers.
'Saturday Night Live' Premiere Up In Ratings
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest TV News
- Linkin Park Filmed ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Episode Days Before Chester Bennington’s Death
- John Heard Dies: ‘Home Alone’ Actor Was 72
- ‘Marvel’s The Defenders’ Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series…
- ‘Vikings’ Gets Trailer & Season Premiere Date – Comic-Con
- Crime Experts On Bellum Entertainment Shows Halt Work Until Back Wages Are Paid
- Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy ‘Saturday Night Live’ Parody “Funny”; Sean Hannity Reminds Him…