The 36th season premiere of Saturday Night Live last night averaged a 5.6 household rating/13 share in the metered markets, up 15% from last year’s season opener. The debut was also higher than the opening episode in September 2007 but couldn’t match the fall 2008 premiere (7.4/18) boosted by the interest in the presidential campaign and a skit featuring Tina Fey as Sarah Palin. Then-SNL regular Amy Poehler, who played Hillary Clinton in that famous skit, hosted the show last night with Katy Perry as musical guest. Here are videos of Poehler’s cameo-filled monologue featuring Fey, Justin Timberlake, Jimmy Fallon and Rachel Dratch as well as her Really?!? Weekend Update segment with Seth Meyers.
'Saturday Night Live' Premiere Up In Ratings
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'