The 36th season premiere of Saturday Night Live last night averaged a 5.6 household rating/13 share in the metered markets, up 15% from last year’s season opener. The debut was also higher than the opening episode in September 2007 but couldn’t match the fall 2008 premiere (7.4/18) boosted by the interest in the presidential campaign and a skit featuring Tina Fey as Sarah Palin. Then-SNL regular Amy Poehler, who played Hillary Clinton in that famous skit, hosted the show last night with Katy Perry as musical guest. Here are videos of Poehler’s cameo-filled monologue featuring Fey, Justin Timberlake, Jimmy Fallon and Rachel Dratch as well as her Really?!? Weekend Update segment with Seth Meyers.
'Saturday Night Live' Premiere Up In Ratings
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices