SAG’s national board of directors today approved a motion to start negotiations on a new Industrial and Educational Contract as well as the delegation of bargaining authority to the negotiating committees and the chief negotiator for the SAG Basic Cable Live Action, TV Animation and Basic Cable Animation agreements. But the union is not planning to negotiate alone. As part of the first motion, national executive director and chief negotiator David White was authorized to work with AFTRA on expanding the two union’s existing joint bargaining agreement to include negotiations on a new industrials contract. SAG National Board also voted to explore the possibility of coordinated bargaining with AFTRA on the live action basic cable pact. Under the new, more moderate leadership at SAG, the larger actors union has been working on more cooperation with AFTRA after the two unions split up in negotiating their most recent primetime TV contracts with the studios and engaged in a war of words several years ago over basic cable jurisdiction.
SAG & AFTRA Move Closer To Joint Bargaining On Industrial Contract
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- School Shooting Survivors Tell Jordan Klepper It’s Time To End The “Magic” Of Politician-Purchasing NRA