SAG’s national board of directors today approved a motion to start negotiations on a new Industrial and Educational Contract as well as the delegation of bargaining authority to the negotiating committees and the chief negotiator for the SAG Basic Cable Live Action, TV Animation and Basic Cable Animation agreements. But the union is not planning to negotiate alone. As part of the first motion, national executive director and chief negotiator David White was authorized to work with AFTRA on expanding the two union’s existing joint bargaining agreement to include negotiations on a new industrials contract. SAG National Board also voted to explore the possibility of coordinated bargaining with AFTRA on the live action basic cable pact. Under the new, more moderate leadership at SAG, the larger actors union has been working on more cooperation with AFTRA after the two unions split up in negotiating their most recent primetime TV contracts with the studios and engaged in a war of words several years ago over basic cable jurisdiction.
SAG & AFTRA Move Closer To Joint Bargaining On Industrial Contract
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest TV News
- NBA Awards Tipping Off In June On TNT
- Jason Jones & Samantha Bee’s ‘The Detour’ Renewed For Season 3 By TBS
- Apple Music Delays Release Of ‘Carpool Karaoke: The Series’
- ‘Descendants 2’ Set For Simultaneous July Premiere On Five Disney|ABC Television Group Networks
- Netflix Scales Chinese Entry Wall By Striking Licensing Deal With iQiyi
- ‘Rainbow Rangers’: Nickelodeon Acquires CGI-Animated Preschool Series From Genius Brands Int’l