Almost 4 months after Paris-based Zodiak Entertainment closed a deal to acquire U.K.’s RDF Media Group, creating the third largest independent TV production company in the world, the combined company has established an American outpost. RDF USA has merged with Zodiak Entertainment US to become Zodiak USA with offices in Los Angeles and New York. Zodiak USA will inherit the entire RDF USA senior management team led by RDF USA CEO Grant Mansfield, who will become CEO of Zodiak USA, and chief creative officer Natalka Znak. Zodiak Entertainment US had a small U.S. office, and nobody from it will transition to the new company. As a result of the merger, Zodiak USA will now have access to formats from companies in over 20 countries. Because Zodiak distributes mainly scripted product while RDF’s focus was on reality programming, Zodiak USA is looking to hire a drama executive to handle the new volume of scripted projects coming through the Zodiak international pipeline.
RDF USA To Become Zodiak USA
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Outcast’ Review: Robert Kirkman’s Cinemax Series Not For The Squeamish
- Verne Lundquist Leaving ‘SEC On CBS’ Booth After 2016; Brad Nessler Subbing In
- Universal TV President Bela Bajaria Out; Pearlena Igbokwe Eyed As Replacement
- Don Mischer Will Be Back As Producer Of Primetime Emmy Awards
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016