Almost 4 months after Paris-based Zodiak Entertainment closed a deal to acquire U.K.’s RDF Media Group, creating the third largest independent TV production company in the world, the combined company has established an American outpost. RDF USA has merged with Zodiak Entertainment US to become Zodiak USA with offices in Los Angeles and New York. Zodiak USA will inherit the entire RDF USA senior management team led by RDF USA CEO Grant Mansfield, who will become CEO of Zodiak USA, and chief creative officer Natalka Znak. Zodiak Entertainment US had a small U.S. office, and nobody from it will transition to the new company. As a result of the merger, Zodiak USA will now have access to formats from companies in over 20 countries. Because Zodiak distributes mainly scripted product while RDF’s focus was on reality programming, Zodiak USA is looking to hire a drama executive to handle the new volume of scripted projects coming through the Zodiak international pipeline.
RDF USA To Become Zodiak USA
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres