‘Twas the night before Premiere Week, when all through the broadcast nets, not much was stirring besides football. An NFL overrun on CBS and Week 2 of NBC’s Sunday Night Football easily dominated a night filled with reruns and the season finale of ABC’s The Gates. SNF‘s telecast of “Manning Bowl II” between Peyton Manning’s Indianopolis Colts and Eli Manning’s New York Giants drew 15.2 overnight rating/24 share, down 8% from the sports program’s record-breaking premiere last week. If vs. “Manning Bowl I” in 2006, it was up 3%. A 43-minute football overrun on CBS boosted the rest of the lineup, with an Undercover Boss rerun (2.4/6) almost doubling the rating a repeat of the reality series got last week (1.3/3). Meanwhile, the two-hour finale of ABC’s The Gates (0.9 rating/2 share, 2.8 million viewers), finished last among the Big 4 but was up 29% from last week’s series low. NBC won the night by a large margin both in adults 18-49 and total viewers. The network would certainly hope that a large chunk of the viewers return tonight when Premiere Week officially kicks in.
RATINGS RAT RACE: NBC's 'Sunday Night Football' Down Slightly But Still Dominates
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup