‘Twas the night before Premiere Week, when all through the broadcast nets, not much was stirring besides football. An NFL overrun on CBS and Week 2 of NBC’s Sunday Night Football easily dominated a night filled with reruns and the season finale of ABC’s The Gates. SNF‘s telecast of “Manning Bowl II” between Peyton Manning’s Indianopolis Colts and Eli Manning’s New York Giants drew 15.2 overnight rating/24 share, down 8% from the sports program’s record-breaking premiere last week. If vs. “Manning Bowl I” in 2006, it was up 3%. A 43-minute football overrun on CBS boosted the rest of the lineup, with an Undercover Boss rerun (2.4/6) almost doubling the rating a repeat of the reality series got last week (1.3/3). Meanwhile, the two-hour finale of ABC’s The Gates (0.9 rating/2 share, 2.8 million viewers), finished last among the Big 4 but was up 29% from last week’s series low. NBC won the night by a large margin both in adults 18-49 and total viewers. The network would certainly hope that a large chunk of the viewers return tonight when Premiere Week officially kicks in.
RATINGS RAT RACE: NBC's 'Sunday Night Football' Down Slightly But Still Dominates
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot