‘Twas the night before Premiere Week, when all through the broadcast nets, not much was stirring besides football. An NFL overrun on CBS and Week 2 of NBC’s Sunday Night Football easily dominated a night filled with reruns and the season finale of ABC’s The Gates. SNF‘s telecast of “Manning Bowl II” between Peyton Manning’s Indianopolis Colts and Eli Manning’s New York Giants drew 15.2 overnight rating/24 share, down 8% from the sports program’s record-breaking premiere last week. If vs. “Manning Bowl I” in 2006, it was up 3%. A 43-minute football overrun on CBS boosted the rest of the lineup, with an Undercover Boss rerun (2.4/6) almost doubling the rating a repeat of the reality series got last week (1.3/3). Meanwhile, the two-hour finale of ABC’s The Gates (0.9 rating/2 share, 2.8 million viewers), finished last among the Big 4 but was up 29% from last week’s series low. NBC won the night by a large margin both in adults 18-49 and total viewers. The network would certainly hope that a large chunk of the viewers return tonight when Premiere Week officially kicks in.
RATINGS RAT RACE: NBC's 'Sunday Night Football' Down Slightly But Still Dominates
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- Peter Baldwin Dies: ‘Mary Tyler Moore’, ‘Wonder Years’ Director Was 86
- Apple Investment In Original Video Will Reach $4.2 Billion By 2022
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy’s Parade Steady, ‘Young Sheldon…
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement