Last night’s season premiere of Sunday Night Football logged the best ratings ever for the NBC sports franchise. The Cowboys/Redskins face-off posted a 16.6 overnight rating/26 share, the best overnight for any Week 1 primetime NFL game in 13 years. On Thursday, NBC’s coverage of the NFL’s kick-off game landed the best overnight ratings for an opener in 13 years and the largest audience for a kick-off game in 14 years. Airing against football, part two of the three-night Big Brother 12 finale (2.1/5 in 18-49) on CBS was down 13% from last Sunday and posted the show’s lowest rating on any night this summer. ABC’s The Gates (0.7/2) matched its lowest rating ever. There were two big events on cable last night, the season finale of HBO’s True Blood and the Video Music Awards on MTV. I will post ratings information on both as soon as it is available.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Football Still Hot
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate