Last night’s season premiere of Sunday Night Football logged the best ratings ever for the NBC sports franchise. The Cowboys/Redskins face-off posted a 16.6 overnight rating/26 share, the best overnight for any Week 1 primetime NFL game in 13 years. On Thursday, NBC’s coverage of the NFL’s kick-off game landed the best overnight ratings for an opener in 13 years and the largest audience for a kick-off game in 14 years. Airing against football, part two of the three-night Big Brother 12 finale (2.1/5 in 18-49) on CBS was down 13% from last Sunday and posted the show’s lowest rating on any night this summer. ABC’s The Gates (0.7/2) matched its lowest rating ever. There were two big events on cable last night, the season finale of HBO’s True Blood and the Video Music Awards on MTV. I will post ratings information on both as soon as it is available.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Football Still Hot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'Marvel's Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur' Animated Series Produced By Laurence Fishburne In Works At Disney Channels
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- School Shooting Survivors Tell Jordan Klepper It’s Time To End The “Magic” Of Politician-Purchasing NRA