Last night’s season premiere of Sunday Night Football logged the best ratings ever for the NBC sports franchise. The Cowboys/Redskins face-off posted a 16.6 overnight rating/26 share, the best overnight for any Week 1 primetime NFL game in 13 years. On Thursday, NBC’s coverage of the NFL’s kick-off game landed the best overnight ratings for an opener in 13 years and the largest audience for a kick-off game in 14 years. Airing against football, part two of the three-night Big Brother 12 finale (2.1/5 in 18-49) on CBS was down 13% from last Sunday and posted the show’s lowest rating on any night this summer. ABC’s The Gates (0.7/2) matched its lowest rating ever. There were two big events on cable last night, the season finale of HBO’s True Blood and the Video Music Awards on MTV. I will post ratings information on both as soon as it is available.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Football Still Hot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Mob Comedy From 'Big Bang' Actor Kevin Sussman & Neil Moritz
- Spike Buys Illegal Online Marketplace Drama From Tony Krantz & Gary Oldman
- IFC's 'Maron' Renewed For Third Season
- Brian Van Holt To Depart 'Cougar Town'
- Craig Ferguson To Visit NBC's 'Late Night With Seth Meyers' Tonight
- Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order, Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce