Standup comedian Robert Schimmel, who beat cancer, has died from injuries he suffered in a recent car incident. He was 60. Ten years ago, Fox picked up a Schimmel-fronted sitcom to series but the comedian was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, which led to the project ultimately getting scrapped by the network. Schimmel, who was a frequent guest on Late Night with Conan O’Brien and on Howard Stern’s radio show, was a passenger in a car driven by his 19-year-old daughter on Aug. 26 when they two got in an accident. The daughter, Aliyah Schimmel, is hospitalized in stable condition.
R.I.P. Robert Schimmel
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- SAG-AFTRA Disputes Trump's Claim That News Media Is "Enemy Of The American People"
- Donald Trump Recruits H.R. McMaster As National Security Adviser
- NBA All-Star Game Nets 7.8 Million Total Viewers Across TNT & TBS
- Milo Yiannopoulos Uninvited From Keynoting At Conservative Confab In Washington
- Keith Cox To Be Promoted To President Of Development For The Paramount Network & TV Land, Sharon Levy Expected To Exit
- Susannah Flood Joins ABC’s Shondaland Pilot; Swoosie Kurtz In ‘Charlie Foxtrot’