Standup comedian Robert Schimmel, who beat cancer, has died from injuries he suffered in a recent car incident. He was 60. Ten years ago, Fox picked up a Schimmel-fronted sitcom to series but the comedian was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, which led to the project ultimately getting scrapped by the network. Schimmel, who was a frequent guest on Late Night with Conan O’Brien and on Howard Stern’s radio show, was a passenger in a car driven by his 19-year-old daughter on Aug. 26 when they two got in an accident. The daughter, Aliyah Schimmel, is hospitalized in stable condition.
R.I.P. Robert Schimmel
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Latest TV News
- ‘Mr. Robot’ Season 3 Clip: Rami Malek’s Elliot Rudely Interrupted At Hacker Tournament
- ‘Real Time’: Former Celeb Apprentice Hopeful Penn Jillette Slams Donald Trump
- Steve Bannon On Exit: “I've Got My Hands Back On My Weapons”
- FX Acquires ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’, ‘Logan’, ‘Girls Trip’, ‘Despicable Me 3’, ‘War For The Planet of the Apes’…
- ‘Westworld’s Thandie Newton On HBO’s Series Strengths, Season 2 & Freedom — Emmys
- Kim Kardashian To Co-Host ‘Live With Kelly And Ryan’ This Month