Standup comedian Robert Schimmel, who beat cancer, has died from injuries he suffered in a recent car incident. He was 60. Ten years ago, Fox picked up a Schimmel-fronted sitcom to series but the comedian was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, which led to the project ultimately getting scrapped by the network. Schimmel, who was a frequent guest on Late Night with Conan O’Brien and on Howard Stern’s radio show, was a passenger in a car driven by his 19-year-old daughter on Aug. 26 when they two got in an accident. The daughter, Aliyah Schimmel, is hospitalized in stable condition.
R.I.P. Robert Schimmel
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Will Big Chain Exhibitors Bypass MoviePass & Create Their Own Monthly Movie Ticket Clubs? - CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’s DeWanda Wise Discusses Nola Darling, A Fierce Black Female Icon…
- Teasing ‘GLOW’ Season 2, Betty Gilpin Unleashes Her Inner Gravitas Clown — Tribeca Studio
- ‘Wango Tango’ Summer Concert Will Be Televised Via Freeform
- ABC News Makes It Official: Amy Robach To Co-Anchor ‘20/20’
- BBC Developing Entertainment Competition Format ‘First And Last’ From Endemol Shine’s Zeppotron
- ‘American Idol’ First: Simulcast Will Allow Live Voting Across The US