Standup comedian Robert Schimmel, who beat cancer, has died from injuries he suffered in a recent car incident. He was 60. Ten years ago, Fox picked up a Schimmel-fronted sitcom to series but the comedian was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, which led to the project ultimately getting scrapped by the network. Schimmel, who was a frequent guest on Late Night with Conan O’Brien and on Howard Stern’s radio show, was a passenger in a car driven by his 19-year-old daughter on Aug. 26 when they two got in an accident. The daughter, Aliyah Schimmel, is hospitalized in stable condition.
R.I.P. Robert Schimmel
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Latest TV News
- Amy Sherman-Palladino Tells Women Stage Directors ‘Broadway Is Heaven’ – But Some Demur
- Genie Francis, ‘General Hospital’s Laura, Bumped Down To Recurring Status On ABC Soap
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order By…
- CBS Orders Drama Pilot ‘Murder’, Comedy ‘I Mom So Hard’ From Warner Bros. TV
- ‘The Alienist’ Review: Nothing Alienating About TNT’s Deft 19th Century Drama
- NBC Orders ‘The Enemy Within’ Drama Pilot From Ken Woodruff & Vernon Sanders