EXCLUSIVE: Paula Patton has landed that female lead role that Deadline told you she was testing for, alongside actresses Lauren German and Kristen Kreuk. I’m told that Patton will play a young operative who works with Tom Cruise’s Ethan Hunt character. The film will not be called Mission: Impossible 4. Cruise and JJ Abrams, who hatched the project together, always envisioned it as a franchise reboot. The film begins production in the fall with Brad Bird directing Cruise, who’ll co-star with The Hurt Locker‘s Jeremy Renner in what was another hotly contested role. Paramount co-finances the $140 million film with David Ellison’s Skydance banner. It marks the first film for Cruise and Paramount since he left the studio after generating over $3 billion in worldwide grosses for Paramount.
Paula Patton Joins 'Mission: Impossible 4'
What's Hot on Deadline
Barcelona Terrorist Attack: 13 Confirmed Dead, 100+ Hurt After Van Rams Crowd; Two Suspects Arrested - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
'The Glass Castle' Review: Woody Harrelson Delivers Career-Best Performance In Touching True Family Story
Latest TV News
- ‘Shut Eye’ Casts Rowena King; Jeremy Bobb In ‘Escape At Dannemora’
- ‘The Defenders’ Review: Krysten Ritter & Sigourney Weaver Strong In Team-Up
- Fox Orders Animated Presentation From Amy Poehler & ‘The Simpsons’ Duo
- ‘Rock & Roll Road Trip With Sammy Hagar’ Renewed For Season 3 By AXS TV
- BritBox’s First Fall Slate Includes Sean Bean Drama ‘Broken’ & U.S. Bow Of ‘Strictly Come Dancing…
- Justin Theroux To Co-Star In Emma Stone-Jonah Hill Netflix Series 'Maniac' At Par TV