Paramount Pictures and sister company Spike TV are joining forces to turn the cable channel’s series Deadliest Warrior into a feature film. Shawn Levy and Dan Levine will produce through his 21 Laps banner. Levy might direct. The show pits the great warriors of history against one another to see who would prevail. Past combatants have included spartans vs ninjas, yakuza vs mafia. Levy right now is directing the robot mano a mano pic Real Steel for DreamWorks. Unscripted cable is suddenly very cool fodder for film content: Fox is separately working with John Moore on a feature adaptation of cable TV’s Ice Road Truckers.
'Deadliest Warrior' From TV To Big Screen
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'Marvel's Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur' Animated Series Produced By Laurence Fishburne In Works At Disney Channels
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- School Shooting Survivors Tell Jordan Klepper It’s Time To End The “Magic” Of Politician-Purchasing NRA