EXCLUSIVE: Following his starring turn on HBO’s World War II miniseries The Pacific, Jon Seda is staying at the network full-time. He is joining the cast of HBO’s New Orleans drama Treme as a regular. On the series, created by David Simon and Eric Overmyer, Seda will play a politically connected developer and venture capitalist from Dallas, who becomes involved in the renewal efforts in post-Katrina New Orleans. Treme was given a second-season renewal in April right after the premiere. Homicide: Life on the Street alum Seda reunites with Simon, on whose book the NBC series was based. He is the latest actor on previous Simon series that he has brought over to Treme. Seda played Stg. John Basilone on The Pacific, which won 8 Emmys last month, including best miniseries. He is repped by ICM and A Management.
'Pacific' Star Jon Seda Joins HBO's 'Treme'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'