EXCLUSIVE: Following his starring turn on HBO’s World War II miniseries The Pacific, Jon Seda is staying at the network full-time. He is joining the cast of HBO’s New Orleans drama Treme as a regular. On the series, created by David Simon and Eric Overmyer, Seda will play a politically connected developer and venture capitalist from Dallas, who becomes involved in the renewal efforts in post-Katrina New Orleans. Treme was given a second-season renewal in April right after the premiere. Homicide: Life on the Street alum Seda reunites with Simon, on whose book the NBC series was based. He is the latest actor on previous Simon series that he has brought over to Treme. Seda played Stg. John Basilone on The Pacific, which won 8 Emmys last month, including best miniseries. He is repped by ICM and A Management.
'Pacific' Star Jon Seda Joins HBO's 'Treme'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Adapting Korean Geriatric Travel Reality Series With Craig Zadan, Neil Meron
- Netflix Nabs Rights To New Drama 'Gotham' In Precedent-Setting Deal
- ABC Buys Parents Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- Fox's 'Gang Related' Cancelled After Summer Run
- Ensemble Friends Comedy Produced By Jason Winer Lands At NBC As Put Pilot
- Netflix Renews 'Hemlock Grove' For Third And Final Season