EXCLUSIVE: The Tudors star will play a Jewish diplomat who gets into a passionate affair with a married Swiss woman, played by Russian supermodel Natalia Vodianova (Clash of the Titans), on the eve of the Second World War. Marianne Faithfull also appears. First-time director Glenio Bonder starts filming October 25 on location in Geneva, Switzerland and then in Italy. James Dearden (Fatal Attraction) and Vincenzo Cerami (Life Is Beautiful) have written the script, based on Albert Cohen’s bestselling French novel. Bonder is a commercials director whose clients include Calvin Klein and British Airways. Thierry de Navacelle, Jimmy de Brabant (co-producer Girl With a Pearl Earring), with Jean Luc Van Damme (Goodbye Bafana) co-producing. Stealth Media Group, the Los Angeles and Brighton-based sales agency, is handling international distribution.
OO-LA-LA: Jonathan Rhys-Meyers To Star In French Love Story ‘Belle Du Seigneur’
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars TV Review: Stellar Show Spoiled By Best Picture Fiasco
- Kimmel Tweets To Donald Trump During Oscars
- Jimmy Kimmel Taunts Donald Trump In Political Oscars Opening Monologue – Watch
- Last Week Not In Sweden: Bill O’Reilly To Address Nils Bildt Mystery; Twitter Doesn’t Wait
- Joseph Wapner Dies: ‘People’s Court’ Judge Was 97