File this under awkward timing. Discovery Communications this morning issued a press release touting the fact that it had just been named one of the “10 Best Places To Work” by Working Mother magazine. Around the same time, The Oprah Winfrey Show announced that it has landed the first interview with the Discovery employees held hostage by a gunman at the company’s headquarters recently. Yep, that’s the same company, described in the release by a Discovery human resources executive as “a supportive and innovative work place that allows our employees to thrive”. You would think that the same synergy (Winfrey and Discovery are launching OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network together) could have coordinated the releases better.
IRONIC: Discovery Touts Workplace Award
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Latest TV News
- Amy Sherman-Palladino Tells Women Stage Directors ‘Broadway Is Heaven’ – But Some Demur
- Genie Francis, ‘General Hospital’s Laura, Bumped Down To Recurring Status On ABC Soap
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order…
- CBS Orders Drama Pilot ‘Murder’, Comedy ‘I Mom So Hard’ From Warner Bros. TV
- ‘The Alienist’ Review: Nothing Alienating About TNT’s Deft 19th Century Drama
- NBC Orders ‘The Enemy Within’ Drama Pilot From Ken Woodruff & Vernon Sanders