File this under awkward timing. Discovery Communications this morning issued a press release touting the fact that it had just been named one of the “10 Best Places To Work” by Working Mother magazine. Around the same time, The Oprah Winfrey Show announced that it has landed the first interview with the Discovery employees held hostage by a gunman at the company’s headquarters recently. Yep, that’s the same company, described in the release by a Discovery human resources executive as “a supportive and innovative work place that allows our employees to thrive”. You would think that the same synergy (Winfrey and Discovery are launching OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network together) could have coordinated the releases better.
IRONIC: Discovery Touts Workplace Award
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Latest TV News
- ‘Mr. Robot’ Season 3 Clip: Rami Malek’s Elliot Rudely Interrupted At Hacker Tournament
- ‘Real Time’: Former Celeb Apprentice Hopeful Penn Jillette Slams Donald Trump
- Steve Bannon On Exit: “I've Got My Hands Back On My Weapons”
- FX Acquires ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’, ‘Logan’, ‘Girls Trip’, ‘Despicable Me 3’, ‘War For The Planet of the Apes’ & More…
- ‘Westworld’s Thandie Newton On HBO’s Series Strengths, Season 2 & Freedom — Emmys
- Kim Kardashian To Co-Host ‘Live With Kelly And Ryan’ This Month