File this under awkward timing. Discovery Communications this morning issued a press release touting the fact that it had just been named one of the “10 Best Places To Work” by Working Mother magazine. Around the same time, The Oprah Winfrey Show announced that it has landed the first interview with the Discovery employees held hostage by a gunman at the company’s headquarters recently. Yep, that’s the same company, described in the release by a Discovery human resources executive as “a supportive and innovative work place that allows our employees to thrive”. You would think that the same synergy (Winfrey and Discovery are launching OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network together) could have coordinated the releases better.
IRONIC: Discovery Touts Workplace Award
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Will Big Chain Exhibitors Bypass MoviePass & Create Their Own Monthly Movie Ticket Clubs? - CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’s DeWanda Wise Discusses Nola Darling, A Fierce Black Female Icon…
- Teasing ‘GLOW’ Season 2, Betty Gilpin Unleashes Her Inner Gravitas Clown — Tribeca Studio
- ‘Wango Tango’ Summer Concert Will Be Televised Via Freeform
- ABC News Makes It Official: Amy Robach To Co-Anchor ‘20/20’
- BBC Developing Entertainment Competition Format ‘First And Last’ From Endemol Shine’s Zeppotron
- ‘American Idol’ First: Simulcast Will Allow Live Voting Across The US