NBC has picked up My Life As an Experiment, a half-hour comedy project produced by Jack Black and written by Cathy Yuspa and Josh Goldsmith. Based on the best-selling non-fiction book Guinea Pig Diaries: My Life As An Experiment by journalist/author A.J. Jacobs, the show chronicles the adventures of an immersion journalist and how these unusual assignments comedically affect his home life with his wife and two kids. It hails from Jack Black’s Electric Dynamite Prods., Reveille, where Electric Dynamite has a production deal, and Sony Pictures Television. Sony TV-based comedy writing duo Yuspa and Goldsmith will write/executive produce My Life as an Experiement, which I hear landed a seven-figure penalty, one of the biggest for a comedy project so far this development season. Yuspa and Goldsmith, who have been at Sony since 1997, executive produced and ran the studio’s long-running comedy The King of Queens before segueing to development. They created and executive produced 2 series, Fox’s ‘Til Death and ABC’s Big Day.
NBC Comedy 'Experiment' With Jack Black
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’
- ‘Downward Dog’ Canceled By ABC After 1 Season, Will Be Shopped To Other Nets