NBC has picked up My Life As an Experiment, a half-hour comedy project produced by Jack Black and written by Cathy Yuspa and Josh Goldsmith. Based on the best-selling non-fiction book Guinea Pig Diaries: My Life As An Experiment by journalist/author A.J. Jacobs, the show chronicles the adventures of an immersion journalist and how these unusual assignments comedically affect his home life with his wife and two kids. It hails from Jack Black’s Electric Dynamite Prods., Reveille, where Electric Dynamite has a production deal, and Sony Pictures Television. Sony TV-based comedy writing duo Yuspa and Goldsmith will write/executive produce My Life as an Experiement, which I hear landed a seven-figure penalty, one of the biggest for a comedy project so far this development season. Yuspa and Goldsmith, who have been at Sony since 1997, executive produced and ran the studio’s long-running comedy The King of Queens before segueing to development. They created and executive produced 2 series, Fox’s ‘Til Death and ABC’s Big Day.
NBC Comedy 'Experiment' With Jack Black
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series