NBC has picked up My Life As an Experiment, a half-hour comedy project produced by Jack Black and written by Cathy Yuspa and Josh Goldsmith. Based on the best-selling non-fiction book Guinea Pig Diaries: My Life As An Experiment by journalist/author A.J. Jacobs, the show chronicles the adventures of an immersion journalist and how these unusual assignments comedically affect his home life with his wife and two kids. It hails from Jack Black’s Electric Dynamite Prods., Reveille, where Electric Dynamite has a production deal, and Sony Pictures Television. Sony TV-based comedy writing duo Yuspa and Goldsmith will write/executive produce My Life as an Experiement, which I hear landed a seven-figure penalty, one of the biggest for a comedy project so far this development season. Yuspa and Goldsmith, who have been at Sony since 1997, executive produced and ran the studio’s long-running comedy The King of Queens before segueing to development. They created and executive produced 2 series, Fox’s ‘Til Death and ABC’s Big Day.
NBC Comedy 'Experiment' With Jack Black
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Little Big Shots’: NBC Orders ‘Forever Young’ Spinoff Series Featuring Seniors From Ellen DeGeneres…
- Garret Dillahunt To Topline Rod Lurie’s TNT Drama Pilot 'Monsters of God'
- Alfred Hitchcock Anthology Series In The Works By Universal Cable Prods & Vermilion
- ‘Damnation’: Lead Aden Young Exits USA Pilot
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’: ‘Hamilton’s Anthony Ramos Cast In Spike Lee Netflix Series
- Dance Drama From Jennifer Beals, Kenny Ortega & ‘Hit The Floor’ Creator Set At Fox