NBC has picked up My Life As an Experiment, a half-hour comedy project produced by Jack Black and written by Cathy Yuspa and Josh Goldsmith. Based on the best-selling non-fiction book Guinea Pig Diaries: My Life As An Experiment by journalist/author A.J. Jacobs, the show chronicles the adventures of an immersion journalist and how these unusual assignments comedically affect his home life with his wife and two kids. It hails from Jack Black’s Electric Dynamite Prods., Reveille, where Electric Dynamite has a production deal, and Sony Pictures Television. Sony TV-based comedy writing duo Yuspa and Goldsmith will write/executive produce My Life as an Experiement, which I hear landed a seven-figure penalty, one of the biggest for a comedy project so far this development season. Yuspa and Goldsmith, who have been at Sony since 1997, executive produced and ran the studio’s long-running comedy The King of Queens before segueing to development. They created and executive produced 2 series, Fox’s ‘Til Death and ABC’s Big Day.
NBC Comedy 'Experiment' With Jack Black
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
'Timeless' EP Eric Kripke On The Moment He Realized He Was Telling A James Bond Story — AwardsLine Screening Series
Latest TV News
- James Corden Can’t Escape Kurt Russell In Funny ‘Late Late Show’ Bit
- ‘Z: The Beginning Of Everything’ Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon
- Sean Hannity Could Leave Fox News If Murdochs Don’t Back Besieged Co-Prez Bill Shine
- ‘Dear White People’ Review: TV Series Based Movie Is Funny & Moving
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Chris Soules’ Lawyers Insist He Didn’t Leave Scene Of Fatal Accident
- BET Greenlights New Series From Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes & More – Upfronts