NBC is staffing up its recently relaunched current department with the appointments of veteran network executives Erin Underhill and Edwin Chung as SVP current programming, NBC and Universal Media Studios. They will report to Vernon Sanders, EVP current programming. Both Underhill and Sanders have current programming background at NBC. Underhill served as director and VP current series until she was named VP drama development in 2005. She oversees such series as freshmen Chase and Love Bites as well as returning drama Parenthood. She also developed Heroes, Chuck and Friday Night Lights, and currently oversees Friday Night Lights. Chung also served as director and VP current series until the network’s 2008 reorganization that folded the current departments into comedy and drama development when his titled changed to VP comedy programming for NBC and UMS. He remains the executive in charge of production for 30 Rock, Community, Chuck, and the new mid-season series Perfect Couples. He also oversaw production on My Name Is Earl for the series’ entire run.
NBC Names 2 Current Programming SVPs
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Connie Britton Exits In Plot Twist, Reflects On Her 4.5 Seasons
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?