NBC is staffing up its recently relaunched current department with the appointments of veteran network executives Erin Underhill and Edwin Chung as SVP current programming, NBC and Universal Media Studios. They will report to Vernon Sanders, EVP current programming. Both Underhill and Sanders have current programming background at NBC. Underhill served as director and VP current series until she was named VP drama development in 2005. She oversees such series as freshmen Chase and Love Bites as well as returning drama Parenthood. She also developed Heroes, Chuck and Friday Night Lights, and currently oversees Friday Night Lights. Chung also served as director and VP current series until the network’s 2008 reorganization that folded the current departments into comedy and drama development when his titled changed to VP comedy programming for NBC and UMS. He remains the executive in charge of production for 30 Rock, Community, Chuck, and the new mid-season series Perfect Couples. He also oversaw production on My Name Is Earl for the series’ entire run.
NBC Names 2 Current Programming SVPs
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- Peter Baldwin Dies: ‘Mary Tyler Moore’, ‘Wonder Years’ Director Was 86
- Apple Investment In Original Video Will Reach $4.2 Billion By 2022
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy’s Parade Steady, ‘Young…
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement